cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Chase SP CLI - requested by secure msg.

tag
keekers
Established Contributor

Re: Another Chase SP CLI - requested by secure msg.

Appreciate your efforts for science Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 21
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Chase Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 12 of 21
BreakingOldHabits1
Valued Member

Congrats!!!

Current Cards

Beginning: December 2022 (Recovering from 1 year layoff)

Current: April 1, 2023 (Recovering from 1 year layoff)
Message 13 of 21
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Congrats and thank you for the science. I too tried it on secured message and got 2X CLI...

Message 14 of 21
Janneman
Established Contributor

@CreditMarathoner 

By chance, were you under 5/24 when you sought out CLI? Also, what has been an average spending on your card and when is the last time you used this card? Trying to collect these info for the sake of datapoint for this community. Thanks

Message 15 of 21
CreditMarathoner
Frequent Contributor

@Janneman wrote:

@CreditMarathoner 

By chance, were you under 5/24 when you sought out CLI? Also, what has been an average spending on your card and when is the last time you used this card? Trying to collect these info for the sake of datapoint for this community. Thanks

I'm at 1/24 and my spend is usually around 3-500 a month, sometimes higher, pushing 1k.  I don't know if spend is a factor for getting CLIs or not.  Some have gotten them with little spend.  I use this card regularly.

It would be interesting to try getting a CLI on my CSP, which gets much less use and also has a much higher limit.  I haven't tried since I really don't need any more on it.

Open Tradelines: 4 Revolvers, 1 Mortgage / Garden Start Date: 10/1/2021 / Garden Goal: don't have one right now
TCL: $26,500 / AAoA: 8y6m / AoYA: 1y5m / Inqs: 1EX 0TU 1EQ / FICO8 Feb 2023: 848(TU) 843(EX)
Message 16 of 21
CreditCharmer
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI.  Just to clarify you received 2 Chase increases with a month?  If so was it for the same card? 

Credit is a lot like a Reputation....It takes 20 years to build it and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, and you will do things differently.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 21
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMarathoner wrote:

On Friday, for science and also because I don't like talking on the phone, I sent a SM inquiring about a CLI on my CFU.

Saturday morning they replied back asking for my employment status, regular income, non taxable income, and my desired new credit line.  I threw in housing cost too for good measure.

I sent this info, and this morning (Sunday) I received my CLI.  My limit went from $3000 to my requested $5000.  I probably could have gotten more, but I'm credit conservative and don't need sky high limits.

So, it is possible to request a CLI using secure messages, it just takes longer (2 days in my case).  Providing the needed info in your initial request will save some back and forth.  If you need a faster answer, it's best to call.

My scores are in my sig and they confirmed it would be a soft pull.  I don't know what bureaus they soft pull for CLIs, but historically when I applied for cards with them, they always pulled EX and EQ for me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my reports are frozen at all three majors + Innovis, so you can request CLIs with frozen reports no problem.

2 CLIs in the same month... that's a new record for me.  Smiley Happy

Congrats and on your CLI! Do you practice AZEO? What was your util at the time off the request? 

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 18 of 21
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your credit line increase!
August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 19 of 21
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

@CitizenHobbes wrote:

Congratulations! That's interesting that they asked you what increase you were looking for (I saw your replies in another thread listing the questions too)!

Amex asked the same question when I requested a CLI via Chat.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.