cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Crazy PenFed CLI Approval!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Another Crazy PenFed CLI Approval!

Another crazy PenFed CLI!!

So, yesterday morning I tried for a CLI on my PenFed Promise card.  It was at $5,500.  It went to review and I was expecting a decline or a meager CLI.

They increased that limit to $12,000! I could not believe it.

Not wanting to waste the HP, I went ahead and requested a CLI on my Visa Signature. Why not?  It was at $6,500 and, keep in mind, is currently at 85% utilization due to a 0% BT offer that still has about 8 months left on it.It also went to review.  With the other card, I got the approval email about 20 mins after submitting my request.

With the Visa, I hadn't heard anything by end of business so I figured there was no way it would be approved.  No big deal to me really.  I figured it was a shot in the dark anyway.

Well.....I just checked my emails and I got one at 2am congratulating me on my approval. The increased my limit to $17,500!  WHAT?!?!?

I am in shock and this was completely worth the HP.   I love my PenFed cards due to decent rates and the rolling BT offers.  They also gave me a great auto loan rate and a personal loan back when no one else would approve me a few years ago.  

Current FICO Scores as of 01/2020 EQ 704 TU 738 EX 694

NFCU CR $30,000 | USAA Rewards Visa Signature $21,000 | USAA Preferred Cash Rewards Visa Sig $21,000 | NFCU Platinum $15,000 | CapOne WM MC $10,000 | Wells Fargo Cash Wise $9,000 | Costco Anywhere Visa $13,500 | Citi AAA $8,500 | PenFed Rewards Visa Signature $17,500 | PenFed Promise $12,500 | Amazon Rewards Visa $3,500 | AMEX BCP $2,800 | Capital One QS 3,750 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,500 | Discover IT $1,800 | Amazon $7,800 | J Crew $11,500 | Wayfair $6,500 | PayPal Credit $7,800 |Belk Rewards $10,000
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Crazy PenFed CLI Approval!

CONGRATS  on your  AWESOME  PenFed Promise and  Rewards Visa Signature CLIs - Way to GO!!!  

AMEX BCE $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $12.2K | Citi AAdvantage WEMC $14K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Discover IT $19K | OpenSky $300 | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $4K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K) |
BBVA Compass Rewards VS $10.5K | Apple Card WEMC $6K | NFCU cashRewards $3K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25K
Macy's AMEX $1K | PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7,500

TCL - $166.5K+ | Rebuilding since April 2018
Message 2 of 25
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats there

Message 3 of 25
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 25
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 5 of 25
Established Contributor

Congrats on the strong CLIs!

Message 6 of 25
Highlighted

Well done and a respectable CLI too Smiley Happy
"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 7 of 25
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs!
Message 8 of 25
Valued Contributor

Penfed HATES some of us (right, Joseph?) so it stands to reason they must LOVE some others. 

Congrats! to you cam for being one of the CHOSEN.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: (5/24/2018) -- FICO 08 EXP: 643; FICO 08 TU: 642; FICO 08 EQ: 677
Current Score (01/18/2020): FICO 08 EXP: 744; TU: 748; EQ: 748
2019 Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 25
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Crazy Penfed luv is krazy goodSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
!
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.