Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Disco Double Dip

tag
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Another Disco Double Dip

Ok, so I did my first Disco double dip last month and decided to try again today. It seems the cli for me are $500 + another $500 upon calling. Rep told me to call back again next month so, I plan to inch up $1k per month. So, I opened the card in November at $1K and now I'm at $3K. Definitely not my best by a long shot but, I'll take it. I should be $12K by the end of the year.

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Another Disco Double Dip

He shoots  He scores !!!!

Inbound pass stolen !!

He shoots He scores !!!!

Sorry, Im in March Madness mode atm

Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ohjoywrote:

Ok, so I did my first Disco double dip last month and decided to try again today. It seems the cli for me are $500 + another $500 upon calling. Rep told me to call back again next month so, I plan to inch up $1k per month. So, I opened the card in November at $1K and now I'm at $3K. Definitely not my best by a long shot but, I'll take it. I should be $12K by the end of the year.

Congrats on the CLI I just got approved for 1K hopefully I can get where you are in 3 months. Did you use the card a lot and pay in full? Also, I see in your sig 2 Discover cards.... how long did you wait to apply for the other?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, ohjoy! The Disco double dip never worked for me, but glad to know it's still out there. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 7
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

@ohjoywrote:

Congrats on the CLI I just got approved for 1K hopefully I can get where you are in 3 months. Did you use the card a lot and pay in full? Also, I see in your sig 2 Discover cards.... how long did you wait to apply for the other?

I use the card moderately for the 5% categories and usually PIF. I'm carrying 40% bal because of 0% for the past couple months.

This card is Disco2 for me. The first card is a graduated secured card. I applied for #2 after I've had #1 for a year. 

Congrats on your approval. You'll have to wait 90 days for your first CLI and then monthly afterwards, if you like. I was approved for $1000 in Nov, waited until Feb for my first cli and double dip and then this month for the same. Picked this strategy up from reading the threads on growing Disco. Hope it helps.

Message 5 of 7
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Congratulations, ohjoy! The Disco double dip never worked for me, but glad to know it's still out there. Smiley Happy

Was your card previously a secured card? If so, that could be the reason. It's the reason I app'd a 2nd card

Message 6 of 7
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

@Meanmchinewrote:

He shoots  He scores !!!!

Inbound pass stolen !!

He shoots He scores !!!!

Sorry, Im in March Madness mode atm

Congrats

Yay!! \o/

Oh, and I'm a "she". Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.