Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Discover Approval w/Data

tag
garagebandking
Regular Contributor

Another Discover Approval w/Data

Received a mailer this week in a pink somewhat velvety envelope discussing a pink IT card.

It offered a small range of APR (13.xx-16.xx%) and an invitation code. I figured this was just an advertisement, but sort of want in with Discover so I did some digging on this board and noticed that small APR range and nice envelope/paper point to a more solid offer. So I applied.

Approved for a measly $1600 (which makes it even lower than my Amex BCE of 2k). Other cards in my portflio have limits ranging from 6k-17k.

Unsure of APR as either it wasn't listed or I didn't pay attention, at even at 16%, I'm okay with it.

Pulled EQ and EX

EQ was at 701 or so and EX at 692

AAOA around 4.5 years (have several student loans that are between 3-16 years old so that's a nice pad)

1 small satisfied judgment from 2010 showing on EQ and 1 paid-off auto charge-off from 2011 or so showing on EX

I've opened probably 7 or 8 new accounts this year and have a new mortgage that hasn't yet hit

Util around 10% after having to shell out for home related goods

Inquiries are around 12-14 depending on report

Income 85k as I do not include my significant other's

Very pleased with the progress I've made in rebuilding over the past 2 years considering I went from mid-500s to as high as 737 on TU (clean report). Looking to add NFCU in the near future and then let everything age nicely.

If you're wondering...I went with the purple card.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Another Discover Approval w/Data

Congrats on your Discover approval , that is on the top of my list once I let some of my new accounts age a bit.
Message 2 of 11
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Great thing is that you're in and that account with grow quickly. Congrats!

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new Discover card! Remember, you can always grow that starting line. Getting in is the first step

Congrats, again! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you gbKing, especially with all that that's going on! Welcome to Discover, and as has been said, it should grow well with use and continued polishing of your overall profile. Smiley Happy This quarter's category spends might be very helpful in making use/PIF of your card, toward nice sized CLIs in another handful of months. Congratulations on your mortgage too, however strange it is to congratulate anyone on new debt. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting in with Discover. As others have said, it is possible to grow the Limits. I'm hoping it works that way for me as well. Also, I think it is a wonderful decision to join NFCU. So, far I have nothing but positive things to say about them. 

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Enjoy your purple people eating Discover monster cardSmiley Wink. Itll grow but more importantly great job rebuilding. Quite a few of us newbies to the Discover family here so whether our sls is 1600 or 9500, Lotr heres looking at you, kid lolSmiley Happy, we are on our way to Discover how far we can climb up the Disco ladder. Congrats again, please enjoySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Maxi11510
Contributor

Congratulations and welcome to the Discover family. This is a great card to have in your portfolio.

Message 8 of 11
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Discover approval. Enjoy the double cash back during your first year. The 5% categories and Discover Deals are a great way to maximize your cash back.

Don't worry about that limit, just treat it well and it will grow. 😁
FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it makes you feel better you can laugh at my Discover limit as it's only $1k.  It's ok I'm laighing too

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.