cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

 

I just logged in to make an additional payment and I had to enlarge the font on my iPad!  Smiley Surprised  I was surprised to see my new CL was $3K! I was going to call after my statement cut next week but I guess they beat me to the punch. 

 

Question, should I call anyway to see if they would go for $5K?  I was using it a lot and recently stopped cause i got my Discover.  I sometimes PIF or carry a small balance. My Discover isn't reporting yet but my overall util is reporting a little over 24% ( I will be paying it down to less than 9% this month)

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

COOL BEANS!! lmao

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 16
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard


@09Lexie wrote:

 

I just logged in to make an additional payment and I had to enlarge the font on my iPad!  Smiley Surprised  I was surprised to see my new CL was $3K! I was going to call after my statement cut next week but I guess they beat me to the punch. 

 

Question, should I call anyway to see if they would go for $5K?  I was using it a lot and recently stopped cause i got my Discover.  I sometimes PIF or carry a small balance. My Discover isn't reporting yet but my overall util is reporting a little over 24% ( I will be paying it down to less than 9% this month)


Sweet nice auto CLI; for my GE Amazon card I carry a balance but it has a 0% financing right now. 


Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard


@chnceit wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

 

I just logged in to make an additional payment and I had to enlarge the font on my iPad!  Smiley Surprised  I was surprised to see my new CL was $3K! I was going to call after my statement cut next week but I guess they beat me to the punch. 

 

Question, should I call anyway to see if they would go for $5K?  I was using it a lot and recently stopped cause i got my Discover.  I sometimes PIF or carry a small balance. My Discover isn't reporting yet but my overall util is reporting a little over 24% ( I will be paying it down to less than 9% this month)


Sweet nice auto CLI; for my GE Amazon card I carry a balance but it has a 0% financing right now. 


Thanks. I have only carried a sm balance twice. Now that I have my Discover with 0% I had this in the SD. 

Message 4 of 16
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

Congrats! Go for 5k!!! I bet you'll get it. Good luck!
Message 5 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

+1 and Congrats

Message 6 of 16
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

Yes I would still call...

 

I had my dad call on a 4 month old Sams Club discover, they had started him out at 1.5k (by far his lowest CL) and auto CLI'd him to 2k after 2 months.  After calling them raised him to 10k with no questions asked

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 7 of 16
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

Congrats!!! I would still call...it's worth a shot!!  I have been eyeballing that card so I can add a Mastercard to my lineup but I will have to wait (just opened 2 amex's last month)

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 8 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard

Congrats on the increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 832 EX 815 TU 816
Message 9 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another GE CLI!!! PayPal MasterCard


@snowkitty wrote:

Congrats!!! I would still call...it's worth a shot!!  I have been eyeballing that card so I can add a Mastercard to my lineup but I will have to wait (just opened 2 amex's last month)


I called and they said no but I figured while I have them on the line see if they will increase my other GE card.  They agreed to  double my Chevron CL (It will help util ESP since I don't use it anymore).  And yes, I still asked one more time about the MC but he wasn't budging. 

 

If they are doubling the CL every 3-4 mos with SP's only....I guess I can wait. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.