Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another J.Crew CLI

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another J.Crew CLI

@ptilda wrote:

Hit the luv buton on Jessica London after reading this, just to see what would happen. Got the 7-10 message. I've spent a couple hundred there since getting the card 2 weeks ago & now just paid it all off. We'll see if it develops anything. Gettng a boost on these cards would be nice.

I think this likely may be a denial.  Most Comenity CCs have to be opened for at least 9 months before a CLI can be requested (unless it receives one automatically).

Message 21 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

+1^

7-10 day letter is usually a CLI denial from Comenity.
Message 22 of 30
DollazSense
New Contributor

Thanks. With the Express card I got CLIs regularly over a course of four years. I went from 200 or 250 to about 1600. I never asked for the CLIs as I did not use the card very often nor was I wasn't trying to work on my credit utilization ratio at the time.

I initiated a CLI with J. Crew online about a week ago and I have not heard from the creditor via snail mail, telephone or email yet.
I think I was denied because I got the "7 to 10 business days" message.

I don't know why, though. I don't always pay the card off but I frequently pay more than the maximum. I haven't had any lates w/ them in the last 18 months and my credit score is going up. I recently received two CLIs on for two other cards and I didn't even ask for the increases! I also have not applied for new credit lines in for 2 years and one month as of January 2014 (I'm gardening). Hmmm.
I'm on a debt-free journey, y'all.
Message 23 of 30
DollazSense
New Contributor

I forgot to add that my J. Crew card has been open for a little bit over two years now. I use once monthly.
I'm on a debt-free journey, y'all.
Message 24 of 30
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Was Approved For $750 Via Shopping Card. 3 Weeks Later I Thought Id Hit The Request Increase Button (After Charging $37 On It) And It Went Up To $950. Even Showed The 950 Credit Line On My First Statement. Tried For Express And Got A a letter Saying They Like To See Usage And Good Payment History. K.
Message 25 of 30
brikays
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your cli. I have been getting cli's at least 2 days after receiving the email re: my statement closing, as long as i leave a tiny balance to generate a statement.
~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 26 of 30
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

Are these CLI requests hard pulls or soft pulls? I initiated one with my limited card in November after having the card since May 2013 and they said my account was too new. I didnt see (nor did I pay attention to) any hard pulls on my CRs, just wondering if they are all the same.

Message 27 of 30
ptilda
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ptilda wrote:

Hit the luv buton on Jessica London after reading this, just to see what would happen. Got the 7-10 message. I've spent a couple hundred there since getting the card 2 weeks ago & now just paid it all off. We'll see if it develops anything. Gettng a boost on these cards would be nice.

I think this likely may be a denial.  Most Comenity CCs have to be opened for at least 9 months before a CLI can be requested (unless it receives one automatically).

I wouldn't be surprised, but read where some people got it earlier. It was a bit of an experiment for me Smiley Happy

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 28 of 30
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ronstar7 wrote:

At least some of you are having luck, i have had it for 2 months never used and cant get an increase. Ive read where some got it before even set up the account. I have yet  to get an increase on ANY of my comentity cards and I have 6. All but 2 are past the 9h month mark and still nothing. I eitther get account is too new or the crap that's in my cr score etc. that is holding me back.  I give up and dont even try anymore. I will probably close em all if I cant get any highter limits. Even the capital one EO said no 3 times, first premier said no account is too new (11 months) zero balance. 

No offense OP but this seems to be self-explanatory.  If scores are low and the number of accounts are fairly recent, then CLI movements would probably take time.  It also appears that you have quite a number of store cards vs the majors.

HI FinStar, non taken I know you are only trying to help Smiley Happy scores are high 5's couple points shy of 6 across the board. But I have seen people with the same get what Im after. I guess its just a ymmv situtation. Most have 0 to little balances on them. Yeah the major cards I cant get and dont try for anymore since Im gardening. I am however getting offers from capital one literally everyday for the past week now preapproved for a card I already have with them... havent applied but havent trashed em yet either. Wont try to up any commenity cards i will just wait for a surpirse.

+1 FinStar Credit takes time RonStar. A person can have the same score as you but have years of good credit card history with something unfortunate happening to them. Credit is a time taking, slowly building process. I would take FinStar's advice and just wait until the majority of your CCs have hit a year and then tryi to unsecure your Cap1 card before rushing for more CLIs. You don't want to look desperate to Creditors nor do you want to bring attention to them (AAs for example). 

And based on your scores (not quite 600 yet), I would garden and make sure that scores are well pass 600 (620 atleast) before making another Credit decision (inquiries especially)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 29 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@scorpio_queen02 wrote:

Are these CLI requests hard pulls or soft pulls? I initiated one with my limited card in November after having the card since May 2013 and they said my account was too new. I didnt see (nor did I pay attention to) any hard pulls on my CRs, just wondering if they are all the same.

The CLI requests should be SPs.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.