cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another NFCU is amazing - Friends Approval - 7 active collections, 558 FICO EQUIFAX SCORE

tag
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

Another NFCU is amazing - Friends Approval - 7 active collections, 558 FICO EQUIFAX SCORE

I turned my friend onto NFCU about 7 years ago. he opened a LOC and 4k cash rewards card. - about 3 years ago he ran into some financial trouble and NFCU closed his Credit card.  with a 3800 balance.

For the last 2 years he hasnt missed 1 payment on his LOC and closed CC from them - however there are over 7 collections on each of his reports (unpaid - highest one is 11k) and 2 or 3 charge offs.

He has not applied for credit in the past 2 years so I told him he needs to start rebuilding again (now that he is in better financial condition) and to apply with NFCU again.

Approved - Flagship Visa 50k sub - 5k limit.

WOW just WOW navy is amazing.

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Another NFCU is amazing - Friends Approval - 7 active collections, 558 FICO EQUIFAX SCORE

Congratulations to your friend!!! 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Another NFCU is amazing - Friends Approval - 7 active collections, 558 FICO EQUIFAX SCORE

Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

holy wow! congrats to him. that was a pretty ballsy move to apply for the flagship with that profile, being that the minimum SL for that card is $5K. now hes got my trigger finger itching lol. flagship is next on my list but was gonna wait til 2020. all these posts are making me antsy! haha

Message 4 of 12
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your friend on the Navy Flagship!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your friend! Nice turn around story Smiley Happy

tenor.gif

Message 6 of 12
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

, CONGRATS to your friend on their NFCU Flagship Visa approval!!! Smiley Very Happy 
AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your friend snagging that Flagship Card!

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Add this post to myFico legend and Navy loreSmiley Wink Now everyone gonna be but you gsve this person a 5k Flagship on a 500 score....lol Only NavySmiley Wink
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious. Is your friend employed by the military? I'm just wondering if NFCU is more flexible for military employees versus being employed by a private company.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.