Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Off the Amex Blacklist Thread

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Off the Amex Blacklist Thread

Congrats on getting off their naughty list!! That’s a very nice card to have!
May I ask which event was in 2008? BK7 filing or discharge? Also did they CO the acct before the BK7? If so when was the CO date?
Congrats again!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a BR back in 1994 and to this day have been blacklisted by Amex. They were part of the discharge and it wasn’t a huge amount. I guess it really just depends on your luck. I am an AU on my wife’s, but it would be nice to finally get my own.
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

im finaly off after a lil more than 10 years. seems that 10 years is minimun. for those trying to get off, just keep applying every so often

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep applying on 1st of every month, depending on how much you 'burned" them for might determine how long you're on list

Message 24 of 28
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If you burned Amex for "not much" you can try to pay them back...

Some have had luck getting back in shortly after paying them back in full..

-J

Message 25 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@macinjosh wrote:

@padme wrote:

weird, i finally got a preapproval last month, but was still denied, on BL i guess since 2013, bk7. congrats

So far what I’ve seen for BK, it’s 10 years minimum on the Amex Blacklist, as well as for CO. Some CO people have gotten off the list at it appears to be 9 years. My 9 years was on Jan 10, but I’m waiting until my recent app spree is 4-6 months old before I try again for an Amex card.

5yrs, 1 mos., bud. 10 years is Chase. That being said, it's not uncommon for Amex to blacklist for longer, even forever, for being included in a bankruptcy.

Message 26 of 28
drboxing
Established Contributor

I think it varies, took me 10 years to get back in with Amex, Chase was about the same

Message 27 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

That's official minimum time from Amex themselves.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.