Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Shopping Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Shopping Spree

Approvals:

Wal-Mart Master Card - Burned them for less than $150 back in 10/2010 Ch7, was a store card.

Gap VISA - Do shop here and wife has it, figured why not.

TJ Maxx Platinum Master Card - Had and close the regular store card last year.  Was in Chicago earlier this month and went into the store to check it out...This store is awesome and was hoping for the MC.

Shell Gas Card - Just because...i know :-)

PayPal Credit - Had it but closed it last month...came to find out is good to have this...i know, should of never closed it.

State Farms Rewards VISA  - Been with them since 2007.

Bank of America Cash Rewards VISA - Started secured at $500, they raised the CL to $1.5k then closed it earlier this year.  Got approved for $4k this time and unsecured.

Spirit Airlines Master Card - Went to my step son's Notre Dame Masters graduation two weeks ago and applied for their card on the plane.

Denials - Got the 7-10 day message, so most likely denials

Marvel Master Card - Second time i apply for this card in 2 years.

Chevron VISA - Had the regular card back in 2015 and close it around 2016.

State Farms Rewards Visa - All my insurances are with them.  I have a # and code to call.  Will call and see if i can get it approved.

Best Buy - Burned my Best Buy Visa in ch7 back in 10/2010 for about $100.

U.S. Bank Ralphs World Master Card - Shop at this store here and there, closest store to my house.

So why am i applying for this many cards now?

1. Because it was a personal goal to get Visa/MC for the store cards. 

2. Because 2 yrs from now (July 2020) i will have 0 inquiries and no ch7, so I expect my scores to drastically go up. 

3. Because my wife was watching a boring show on Netflix and thought applying for cards was more fun Smiley LOL Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Shopping Spree

Congrats on Approvals ... how many inqs you have each CB 

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of right now:

EQ: 7 in May, 2 in Apr, 3 in Mar

TU: 6 in May, 1 in Apr, 0 in Mar

EX: 9 in May, 4 in Apr, 1 in Mar

Total in the past year:

EQ: 15

TU: 13

EX: 20

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

State Farms Rewards Visa was approved.  Didnt have to call, I logged in to my account and saw it.

Message 4 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

IMO bad idea on the PayPal Credit as going to Syncrony this July thus most "likely" no longer a hidden TL, but no one knows for sure.  Others well sure you have your reasons and enjoy them.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

IMO bad idea on the PayPal Credit as going to Syncrony this July thus most "likely" no longer a hidden TL, but no one knows for sure.  Others well sure you have your reasons and enjoy them.

I think it said it was issue by Syncrony when I applied.  

Message 6 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Strange and only got a 250 CL?  Assuming your signature is still correct?  Time to call CS if that is the case unless you are at 100k with them already..  I know it is still under comedity atm although transfer is scheduled for July time frame.. Doesn't mean that new apps aren't being taken by sync?  I just paid off 1k on mine due to anticipating it no longer being hidden and have quite a bit of debt since buying a new house a few months back on new expenses for that among a few other things so one less thing possibly reporting

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Strange and only got a 250 CL?  Assuming your signature is still correct?  Time to call CS if that is the case unless you are at 100k with them already..  I know it is still under comedity atm although transfer is scheduled for July time frame.. Doesn't mean that new apps aren't being taken by sync?  I just paid off 1k on mine due to anticipating it no longer being hidden and have quite a bit of debt since buying a new house a few months back on new expenses for that among a few other things so one less thing possibly reporting

You're correct...looked it up and if you try to apply, it says the bank is commenity.  I don't think commenity will give me more. 

Message 8 of 16
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! A few more cards in your signature and you'll be done caught up with me, Gmood1, and a couple of others on here!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would definitely not poke the SYNCB bear for a while OP (inclusive of SP CLIs).

Just like Comenity, they have been known to shut down accounts for too many of their CCs in a short period of time coupled with excessive credit seeking behavior. It would be unfortunate to see the same thing happen like your recent Comenity AA/closures .
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.