cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Another) Walmart CLI!

tag

(Another) Walmart CLI!

Just got off the phone with Walmart (listed backdoor number) and asked for an increase on my card from $1,200 (when I opened the card) to $3,000 even. I've had the card  since late '11 and never got an increase, though I never called. I've never missed a payment or been late or anything like that, though I've carried a balance sometimes.

Well, I didn't get approved for the full 3k but they did bump me up to 2k for a $800 increase! That works good enough for me! I'm super stoked about this since I pulled my (new) credit scores. I'll be apping for a auto loan here real soon and I think I'll hit an app spree after, before disappearing into my garden.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: (Another) Walmart CLI!

Message 2 of 9
eviLution
Established Contributor

Walmart CLI is so a YMMY thing.

I seen people with lower scores than yours that only had the card for a year get much bigger increases than you did. Some even get a big increase on the day they get the card!

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 3 of 9

@eviLution wrote:

Walmart CLI is so a YMMY thing.

I seen people with lower scores than yours that only had the card for a year get much bigger increases than you did. Some even get a big increase on the day they get the card!

Thanks for the advice! I'd imagine it's something of a YMMV on almost everything. Smiley Wink

I couldn't be happier with my increase and as I don't shop at Walmart all that often I don't think I need a very large limit.

Message 4 of 9
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Any increase is good. Best part is thats its a sp.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@PaperOrPlastic wrote:

Just got off the phone with Walmart (listed backdoor number) and asked for an increase on my card from $1,200 (when I opened the card) to $3,000 even. I've had the card  since late '11 and never got an increase, though I never called. I've never missed a payment or been late or anything like that, though I've carried a balance sometimes.

Well, I didn't get approved for the full 3k but they did bump me up to 2k for a $800 increase! That works good enough for me! I'm super stoked about this since I pulled my (new) credit scores. I'll be apping for a auto loan here real soon and I think I'll hit an app spree after, before disappearing into my garden.

CONGRATS!!!

You might see the WM Discover upgrade offer soon!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 9
eviLution
Established Contributor

Yeah, it's good to get the increases to help with utilization though.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 7 of 9
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

I have had my Walmart store card for 8 months.  Started at a $400.00 CL.  In November, I hit the CLI button, and it bumped to $550.00.  Charged a $480.00 laptop on it, and paid it off by Feb 15th.  Last week, I logged on to just check my account, and behold there was now a $1400.00 CL showing... An CLI of $850.00 automatically.  FTW.

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase! I got my walmart card in November, so I will be looking for an increase next month sometime. Hope to get some auto-CLI, otherwise I will call. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.