Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another bad credit AMEX Delta Gold recipient

tag
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

Another bad credit AMEX Delta Gold recipient

I need to take a trip next month so even though I expected to be turned down I stepped out of the garden and applied for the Delta Gold.  Imagine my suprise when I got instant approval--only for 1K but still...

with an EX score of only 622 with a couple of old charge offs still showing I'm glowing.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another bad credit AMEX Delta Gold recipient

Congratulations! Hope it helps you for your upcoming trip! Despite the way AMEX has been portrayed in the past and their penchant for blacklisting under certain circumstances, they do seem willing to give a chance to builders and rebuilders. Yes, that often means low SLs, but they do reward with significant CLIs when the borrower shows responsibility.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, good card to take to the garden with you! Was you able to snag the 60,000 SUB or get the 30,000? I know public offering for the 60,000 ended on 10th I believe.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats , Welcome to AMex Family

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I want an Amex but I think ill wait 6-12 months in the garden before I try.

Message 5 of 12
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, good card to take to the garden with you! Was you able to snag the 60,000 SUB or get the 30,000? I know public offering for the 60,000 ended on 10th I believe.

Just the 30,000...but it's still better than a sharp stick. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP!!!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 12
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I hope this is me in 6-9 months! 😊

That free checked bag is awesome and totally makes the card more than worth it. Where's your next trip?

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats coming from another Delta SkyMiles approvee as well.  Despite the $1k starting limit I think we are in a good spot as long as we treat the card fairly!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.