Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another generous BoA CLI

tag
CBrow
Regular Contributor

Another generous BoA CLI

So 3 months and 1 day after my last CLI from Bank of America, the luv button popped up again! Decided to test my luck and push for a ridiculous limit at $40k. Only got a slight pushback! I'm surprised they have been so generous.

Since joining MF, this card has grown significantly over 6 months: 3k > 9k > 18k > 34.3k

The cash advance limit is a joke for the limit on the card lol. Has never increased.

Capture1.PNG

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Another generous BoA CLI

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Fantastic increase, congrats Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 33
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your BoA CLI

Message 4 of 33
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the CLI.

Question for you.  How do you make the payments?  Do you wait until the statements cut then make the payment or paid off the balance before the statement cut?

Just got my Alaska card and wondering what's the best way to heavily spend the card while avoiding heavy utilization % reporting (paid off before statement cut) and setting myself up for the best chance of successful CLI.   Would paying off the balance before statement cut somehow not showing I don't need the CLI (hope that make sense)

Message 5 of 33
CBrow
Regular Contributor

@Vu wrote:

Congratulations on the CLI.

Question for you.  How do you make the payments?  Do you wait until the statements cut then make the payment or paid off the balance before the statement cut?

Just got my Alaska card and wondering what's the best way to heavily spend the card while avoiding heavy utilization % reporting (paid off before statement cut) and setting myself up for the best chance of successful CLI.   Would paying off the balance before statement cut somehow not showing I don't need the CLI (hope that make sense)

I used to pay before the statement, but now I just do everything after the statement cuts. I don't really care about utilization at the moment, since I'm not planning on having any loans taken out any time soon.

BoA will see that you've put heavy spend regardless of when you paid. You'll be fine either way!

Message 6 of 33
Vu
Frequent Contributor

@CBrow Thank you for the information. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 33
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent, grats on the very nice CLI Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 33
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nicely done!  Congratulations on your continued CLI success!

Message 9 of 33
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the great increases that you've received from them!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.