Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another local CU approval -- Wright Patt CU

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Another local CU approval -- Wright Patt CU

I applied for a very basic membership with hopes that I'd pre-qual for their lowest APR card.  After being approved for membership, I was prequalified for their Platinum Low Rate card- the site said $6,400 with an APR 6.25%.  Needless to say (& with my impulsive nature kicking in), I clicked the apply button.

Just found out that I was approved today for that $6,400 SL with that amazing APR of 6.25%. 

See here (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/GE-Credit-Union-quot-The-Classic-quot-VS-Appr...) as it was the same day for DP's, though I'm happy to answer any questions.

I am DONE with CC apps now... DONE DONE.  I've found 2 great lenders I hope to grow with that have amazing APR's,  couldn't be more stoked.

Have a great weekend, all!  cmm89

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

11 REPLIES 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Another local CU approval -- Wright Patt CU

That's a pretty great APR card rate and Congratulations on your new membership Approval!

Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 3 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your WPCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmm89 wrote:

I applied for a very basic membership with hopes that I'd pre-qual for their lowest APR card.  After being approved for membership, I was prequalified for their Platinum Low Rate card- the site said $6,400 with an APR 6.25%.  Needless to say (& with my impulsive nature kicking in), I clicked the apply button.

Just found out that I was approved today for that $6,400 SL with that amazing APR of 6.25%. 

See here (https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/GE-Credit-Union-quot-The-Classic-quot-VS-Appr...) as it was the same day for DP's, though I'm happy to answer any questions.

I am DONE with CC apps now... DONE DONE.  I've found 2 great lenders I hope to grow with that have amazing APR's,  couldn't be more stoked.

Congratulations on your approval! 🥳👏🏻👏🏻 

Done, done, done. Famous last MF words , lol, right? 😉😁 And the garden 🪴 🪴 🪴 is a LOVELY place this time of year. 🙏🏻

Message 6 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:

Excellent. Congratulations.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 12
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your CU approval!

Message 8 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats! That's a fantastic apr you received. I live inside their geo-fence, when I'm ready for another CU, I'll have to give another look.

Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent, that is one great APR grats on it Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.