Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another surprise CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another surprise CLI

I logged into my Mercury MC (old barclay rewards that was sold) account to notice an auto increase from 500-2000. Can’t wait to see how my recent increases, new accounts and paying off a few accounts will improve my scores. Hoping this will help them rebound from an old charge off being updated. Nothing in the amount of the charge off was changed just the last reported date was updated to April of this year. I was really thinking of closing this one but will keep it in the sd for a bit longer.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Another surprise CLI

Bam!Bam!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 15
thornback
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the auto!!   You must be doing something right Smiley Wink 

Any reason why you don't want to try to pay / settle the charge-off so it stops updating?  Is it close to the drop-off date? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback, Thanks! Its less than 2 years from being removed. I’ve been concentrating on bringing up my scores and paying everything off. Within a month or so I’ll be completely debt free (except my car lease) and will be in a better position to make an offer and just be done with it. Definitely considering making them an offer. This was the first time it’s updated since 2014 so thinking that’s why I took such a hit. Hoping this won’t be a recurring thing with them.
Message 4 of 15
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@thornback, Thanks! Its less than 2 years from being removed. I’ve been concentrating on bringing up my scores and paying everything off. Within a month or so I’ll be completely debt free (except my car lease) and will be in a better position to make an offer and just be done with it. Definitely considering making them an offer. This was the first time it’s updated since 2014 so that’s why I think I took such a hit. Hoping this won’t be a recurring thing with them.

Gotcha -- makes sense.   And yep, that's why you took such a hit-- your scores were recovering as that derog aged then BAM!   Just so you know - it is pretty common for creditors to suddenly start updating again as the tradeline approaches the reporting statute -- seems they use it as a way to get you to pay... so don't be surprised if it updates every few months til it's taken care of or falls off.

Congrats again on your CLI / rebuild progress -- AND for being near-debt-free in a month!!  That's awesome.

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really appreciate it! It’s been quite the rollercoaster since I started really paying attention to my scores in 2015. Life happens and it’s been quite the up and down with my scores. Since last Jan I’ve been on a steady climb upwards and keeping a close watch on everything. Definitely feel like I’m coming out the other side with a lot more wisdom to prevent myself from repeating the past. The new cli’s and accounts are proof that with time you can rebuild. I only wish I would have discovered this community sooner but thankful I did.
Message 6 of 15
thornback
Senior Contributor

Agree - this forum is a godsend and I wish I would have found it sooner too -- I probably wouldn't have stayed away from all-things-credit for so long  (I was of the mindset of just burying my head in the sand til everything bad went away...).   I often wonder how much farther along I'd be had I found this forum sooner... oh well, is what it is. 

Best of luck with everything!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree! All we can do is learn from the past keep moving forward. Best of luck to you as well!
Message 8 of 15
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto-CLI!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI. 4X CLI nice. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.