cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone approved for Chase Slate with high limit (e.g.. 10k or above)?

tag
tld409
Regular Contributor

Anyone approved for Chase Slate with high limit (e.g.. 10k or above)?

To me the only benefit  for obtaining this card is to access the great  promotional balance tx offer (0% tx fee for first 6 months of account opening and 0% annual fee for 15 months). So, I was wondering if anyone has received an initial limit close to or over 10k?    Please don't respond with information about there being other factors to consider- I know this already   (e.g.., number of inquiries, fico, single and overall utilization, AA, baddies/delinquencies etc.).   

Thanks 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for Chase Slate with high limit (e.g.. 10k or above)?

Citi has the longest interest free period currently, IIRC  upto 18 months.

For high starting limits on cards normal people can abtain I would try with the Duck card lots of people with 740+ getting 20k starting limits.

First National Omaha matched my AMEX Blue at the time with 6k and the limit grows just pay more than the minum and they don't mind if you cary a balance if you are using the card for BT's  you still get decent auto-CLI's

if you qualify  NFCU is the answer.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tld409 wrote:

To me the only benefit  for obtaining this card is to access the great  promotional balance tx offer (0% tx fee for first 6 months of account opening and 0% annual fee for 15 months). So, I was wondering if anyone has received an initial limit close to or over 10k?    Please don't respond with information about there being other factors to consider- I know this already   (e.g.., number of inquiries, fico, single and overall utilization, AA, baddies/delinquencies etc.).   

Thanks 

Without extrapolating your little fineprint, yes Chase does approve Slate CC's with CLs > $10K.  They also come in Signature flavor, if you need that info as well.

Message 3 of 19
tcbofade
Super Contributor

DW just opened a Slate card...they gave her a 7.5k CL.

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@tcbofade wrote:

Good data point and congrats to DW.  I'm sure the OP want's anecdotal info on higher CLs...lol  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 19
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

As to this query about higher ($10K +) credit limits for the Chase Slate card, here's my two cents.  I usually eyeball the signatures of Forum members taking part in the message dialogue.  It seems that whenever I see a Chase Slate card listed, its CL is often not that high, usually well under $10K. Personal observation of course. 

Now for some "hard" data.  I've been playing a lot today with Credit Karma's credit card statistical data for some other messages.  I noticed that the Chase Slate card extends a CL of $10K or more to ONLY about 13% of its cardholders, if the statistics are representative.  That is LESS THAN 1/3rd of the percentages of either CS or CSP cardmembers with $10K+ CL's.  In other words, over 40% of both CS and CSP cardholders have CL's at $10K or more. 

Still, as was answered previously, yes, you can get approved for $10K or more . . . !

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 6 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think getting a $10k cl is fairly attainable .

however, I have multiple cards in the five digit range.

if your score permits AND you already have  a few $10k or $20k cards, you could easily recon to get the limit you need. 

so do you have any limits in that range already? I've been able to get $10k from BOA and Discover for bal xfers, BUT I also have all the limits in my siggy. Good luck! Doesn't hurt to app, then recon the limit if necessary!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 19
tld409
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone approved for Chase Slate with high limit (e.g... 10k or above)?

@Corgihound wrote:

As to this query about higher ($10K +) credit limits for the Chase Slate card, here's my two cents.  I usually eyeball the signatures of Forum members taking part in the message dialogue.  It seems that whenever I see a Chase Slate card listed, its CL is often not that high, usually well under $10K. Personal observation of course. 

Now for some "hard" data.  I've been playing a lot today with Credit Karma's credit card statistical data for some other messages.  I noticed that the Chase Slate card extends a CL of $10K or more to ONLY about 13% of its cardholders, if the statistics are representative.  That is LESS THAN 1/3rd of the percentages of either CS or CSP cardmembers with $10K+ CL's.  In other words, over 40% of both CS and CSP cardholders have CL's at $10K or more. 

Still, as was answered previously, yes, you can get approved for $10K or more . . . !

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I wondering about.  I, as you, have read several posts and it seemed as though only low limits were given even when the op's profile warranted a larger limit based on their other lines. 

Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 8 of 19
tld409
Regular Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Congrats to your DW!  If you don't mind, please share information about your other limits, utilization etc. at the time the application. 

Message 9 of 19
tld409
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Good data point and congrats to DW.  I'm sure the OP want's anecdotal info on higher CLs...lol  Smiley Wink

Yes, thank you so much FinStar! Smiley Happy 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.