cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experienced this with PenFed? VERY WEIRD!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone experienced this with PenFed? VERY WEIRD!!

That's what I told her, but she said i need to have the Visa first so she can transfer the CL from the AMEX to the Visa and close the AMEX. Crazy!! Why can they just change it without having to apply for another card.  The issue is that they can't find an application for the Visa...glitch probably deleted from their system somehow. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I thought too.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone, well here is the final update.

I didn't want to apply for the Visa again while on the phone because I didn't want another HP.

I really wanted the card so I went on to apply online myself (knowing I would get denied).  I got denied BUT sent the recon letter stating my issue/glitch with the first application. This morning I got a survey about PenFed (and we all know how that went lol). Suddenly i get an email from a loan lady telling me to call to transfer the CL from AMEX to Visa.

I asked if I can keep the AMEX and move $5k to the Visa. She said yes.

Good way to end the week. I'll have 20k miles after meeting the spending on the AMEX, $100 credit on Visa after meeting the spending and I got the card I originally wanted for my gas 5x.

Message 13 of 19
srloring13
Regular Contributor

That sounds like a wonderful resolution.  What were your scores when you applied?

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores on MyFico were 646...the letter from PenFed said I had a 660.  I also have a ch7 discharged on 10/2010...thinking on applying?

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

New update:

Talked to the lady who took care of me.  I mentioned how much overtim i do and said i could send her pay stubs for the previos 6 months as proof.  Waiting on outcome for CL increase.

Initial CL was $10k on AMEX

They opened the Visa Reward and took $5k from AMEX

Called and got increased to $6k each

Waiting on new CL based on OT

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

Ok, so inituallly, i was given $6k CL on each of the cards.  After sending proof of continuous overtime, i received $7.5k on each of the cards.

I'm happy with that. Will meet the spending on both in less the 3 months and paid in full.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE:

Ok, so inituallly, i was given $6k CL on each of the cards.  After sending proof of continuous overtime, i received $7.5k on each of the cards.

I'm happy with that. Will meet the spending on both in less the 3 months and paid in full.

Congrats, glad it all turned out okay.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed seems to be very very glitchy

This kind of thing makes me very uneasy about having a long-term relationship with them.

I'd always be concerned about the other shoe dropping....

Their operations are all over the place, sometimes this state other times that state....way to many viable situations and ' misunderstandings ' in my book.

Glad 'this' time worked out for the OP
And I hope you don't have many OTHER misunderstandings or run arounds but
PenFed has really made themselves an afterthought
for me.

And it's unfortunate because I want to cheer for them but it's hard when they play Keystone Cops from time to time
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.