Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Results - And a return to the garden

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Results - And a return to the garden

@NichelleN wrote:

Over the past week, I completed a 4 card app spree.

PenFed Platinum Rewards Signature Visa - $15,000 (PenFed has been on my wish list, love them so far)

Citi Hilton Signature Visa - $8,000  (I often stay at Hiltons, 75K bonus offer)

Citi Costco Anywhere Signature Visa - $7,000 (Already a Costco shopper, love the benefits)

American Express SPG - $5,000 (Also, a frequent guest at SPG hotels, 25K points offer)

I also opened a loan with PenFed.

Today's task is to prune down the rest of the cards. Two years ago, I was turned down for certain secured cards. Less than a year ago I was closing secured cards. Now, I'm closing store cards. I know my new cards aren't absolutely top tier but I'm happy that I was approved for each card that I applied for. That's a first!

I'm going back to the garden for at least a year, maybe more. As always, thanks to myFICO for being such a helpful community.

What a motivating post! With patience comes progress. Congrats on your journey. 

Message 11 of 24
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Thank you for your kind words, I ALMOST *** have the worst part over with , all the negative items on my fiancé and I credit files are gone besides just a tiny few things that I am taking care of this mth, it has been a long 8 mths of dealing with all the collection agencies and such , lots of stress where that is concerned . But in the last month both of us hit our first milestone being 600 + fico 08 scores , when we both started we were in the 400s , fiancé was in much worst shape than me bc he had his mom open up 15 to 20 accounts in his name unknowingly to him and even bf he turned of age his credit was totally shot, but with patience and persistence we are overcoming it all mostly thanks to this forums and the amount of knowledge on here .

You and your fiance really have come a long way. Learning to manage credit can be challenging enough without a family member throwing road blocks in your way.

Congratulations on your milestone!

More than enough credit.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the bouquet of cards you have chosen for yourself. 

Top Tier is over-rated! 

Your credit is credit you can use.... 

Each one of those cards you have selected has great usage. 

PenFed - Top 3 Credit Union in the Nation ... great relationship to have for future car loans, home loans etc. 

Citi-Costco - you shop there .. of course this makes it a Top Card for you. 

Hilton - Again another card you will use quite a bit. 

Congratulations! 

You have Top Tier Cards... be proud! 

Message 13 of 24
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, OP!
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new approvals and also on successful streamlining of your profile, NichelleN! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NichelleN wrote:

Over the past week, I completed a 4 card app spree.

PenFed Platinum Rewards Signature Visa - $15,000 (PenFed has been on my wish list, love them so far)

Citi Hilton Signature Visa - $8,000  (I often stay at Hiltons, 75K bonus offer)

Citi Costco Anywhere Signature Visa - $7,000 (Already a Costco shopper, love the benefits)

American Express SPG - $5,000 (Also, a frequent guest at SPG hotels, 25K points offer)

I also opened a loan with PenFed.

Today's task is to prune down the rest of the cards. Two years ago, I was turned down for certain secured cards. Less than a year ago I was closing secured cards. Now, I'm closing store cards. I know my new cards aren't absolutely top tier but I'm happy that I was approved for each card that I applied for. That's a first!

I'm going back to the garden for at least a year, maybe more. As always, thanks to myFICO for being such a helpful community.

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice App run there! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on all the approvals!

Message 18 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'm surprised you were able to get two Citi cards in a short period! They used to have a hard coded 8 day wait between applications
Message 19 of 24
thummel
Established Contributor

Nice spree congrats
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.