Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree: Approved for 2

tag
TruFlavor
Valued Member

App Spree: Approved for 2

So I applied for the BBVA CP and got approved for $7500 at 17.24%. Within minutes I applied for the Walmart MC simply because most of my shopping is there and had read that even if you start off with a low SL it grows. Well it was approved but for $500. It’s almost laughable. I almost want to just call and close it even though I took the hard pull. I read that Capital One will be taking over it and I do have a current card with them of $5K. I know many will say since I took the hard pull just leave it but I’m thinking having the card there will negatively impact my average age. Thoughts?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: App Spree: Approved for 2

Synchrony walmart grew pretty quickly, cap one who knows,

It will report even if you close it right off the bat, so your AAOA will be altered,  closing won't help that now.

You took the hit for inquiry and age, so I would just keep it and see how cap one plays out.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS @TruFlavor on your BBVA Clear points approval and Welcome to the BBVA family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Who knows how it will grow but Walmart MC didn't grow at all for me, dh, or ds.  As a matter of fact, three weeks ago I asked for cli on ds's just for s and giggles and they laughed back and took the darned cli button away. (Synch does that to me often)

My sl was $2300.00 and they never gave me one, same with DH.

So now we will just have to see how Cap1 handles these cli's....couldn't be any worse for us.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 11
TruFlavor
Valued Member

Got it. Good to know. I thought if I closed it, it wouldn’t count. Learn something new everyday. This is why I love these forums! Let’s see how it pans out!
Message 5 of 11
TruFlavor
Valued Member

Thank you! I still need to figure out how to set my categories. Was not the easiest to figure out. I did have a car loan with them before so not sure if that triggered the invite.
Message 6 of 11
TruFlavor
Valued Member

Honestly I was shocked with that lie of a limit. All of my approvals have been in the 5-17.5K in the past year with my most recent the BBVA AT 7.5K and Apple at 6.5K. We shall see!
Message 7 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@TruFlavor wrote:
Thank you! I still need to figure out how to set my categories. Was not the easiest to figure out. I did have a car loan with them before so not sure if that triggered the invite.

@TruFlavor, I have a BBVA Rewards card and it's a straight 1.5% CashBack card with no categories.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 9 of 11
TruFlavor
Valued Member

This has a 3-2-1. You pick your categories per quarter.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.