cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree. Citi-Costco, Amex Hilton Aspire, Best Buy Visa, Ducks Unlimited...Amex Platinum gone

tag
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

App Spree. Citi-Costco, Amex Hilton Aspire, Best Buy Visa, Ducks Unlimited...Amex Platinum gone

After gardening for sometime, doing research and deleting inquiries I went on an app spree. Was approved through Costco for their visa with a promotion for veterans and and the executive card which gives me a $60 gift card and coupons for up to $60. I think it's easier to get approved at their warehouse rather than over the phone. Best Buy was nearby and was able to be approved using the same hard pull. The Amex Hilton Aspire I wanted for the 150,000 points and no $450 fee for the first year.  Even though I was an AU on my better half's Ducks unlimited, I wanted my own. I applied and the Ducks reps called, asked questions about my recent inquires and was told  the inquires directly affected my spending limit.  Lastly, I canceled Amex Platinum.   I didn't travel this year so it had no value for me. It was the Ameriprise version so I didn't pay an annual fee.   

Citi-Costco 9500

Amex Hilton Aspire 9000

Ducks Unlimited 4000

Best Buy Visa 4000

Ex-741

Tu-735

Eq-725

Business Cards
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: App Spree. Citi-Costco, Amex Hilton Aspire, Best Buy Visa, Ducks Unlimited...Amex Platinum gone

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: App Spree. Citi-Costco, Amex Hilton Aspire, Best Buy Visa, Ducks Unlimited...Amex Platinum gone

Grats on yer approvals!

Message 3 of 10
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

images.jfif

congrats on your approvals

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos!!!!
Message 5 of 10
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Nice run

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 6 of 10
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

Wait, OP, what’s this about the Aspire 450 fee being waived in the first year??

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 7 of 10
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Nice haul! Congrats!
Message 8 of 10
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@Bizambish wrote:
Wait, OP, what’s this about the Aspire 450 fee being waived in the first year??

About 2 weeks ago Amex had a promotion for the Hilton aspire card. No fee for the first year and 150,000 points with 4000 spend. It was on Doctor of Credit website.  I usually go for all cash back cards but this was to good to pass up. But as soon as people caught wind of the promo it was closed.  Luckily I have the card agreement if there are any problems. 

Business Cards
Message 9 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.