Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Mostly Failure LOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Mostly Failure LOL

So I did my little app spree a little ahead of schedule but wanted to find out some things so here we are.  There is some light at the end of this tunnel though and maybe I will have more light, just have to wait and see what happens next I guess.  I am at almost a year post discharge of my most recent bankruptcy, previous bankruptcy still shows on my report but should be falling off by the end of this year, all my scores were at around 650 for all three bureaus.  Only baddies on my report presently are all the ones that show that they were including in the bankruptcy and the public records from my bankruptcies.  I did burn Capital One in most recent bankruptcy for $1.5k and Synchony with Walmart and Amazon card........So Results.......

Applied for the Barclays Apple Rewards - Approved - $1,500 SL

Capital One Quicksilver One - Declined

NFCU cashRewards - Declined

Amazon - Declined

Target RedCard - Declined

Of course my main goal was to get information on Capital One and hopefully get my foot in the door with NFCU with a Credit Card, I have the CLOC at $2.5k and they are not looking to make it more stating "Limited Credit Experience", so I wanted to try unsecured with them first, but if Secured will be my foot in the door then so be it.  But while as a whole it was a failure, the Barclays is my highest SL yet since rebuilding.  

Thanks for reading!!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: App Spree Mostly Failure LOL

Congrats on at least getting Barclays, who can be a tuff nut to crack. Best of luck on your new journeySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
aspenius
Established Member

Congratulations on the Barclay.  Your mission was successful.  You got a new card with a nice limit, with a potential for a 2nd card approval.  Regarding the others, reappying in the future, where your scores will probably be higher, yielding offers with better rates and limits.  

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aspenius wrote:

Congratulations on the Barclay.  Your mission was successful.  You got a new card with a nice limit, with a potential for a 2nd card approval.  Regarding the others, reappying in the future, where your scores will probably be higher, yielding offers with better rates and limits.  

True true, thank you for that.  The funny thing is that Barclay card is already reporting on my Experian report LOL

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Barclays! I’m still trying to get in with them for the jetBlue but I was denied recently. So I would consider it and any approval successful.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would def get the Nrewards with NFCU. I got it... then 4 months in applied for a cash rewards and gave me a SL of $10,000. Show them love and they give you the keys to the city.

I've been mulling over the Barclays card to app or not. I want to get in with Barclays but I've opened a lot of accounts in the past 6 months. Mainly on a majorly fast rebuild. I'm not sure how they would react to that but I want to start phasing out my CreditOne and secured card.

Was trans pulled for you? Score of 650?

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would def get the Nrewards with NFCU. I got it... then 4 months in applied for a cash rewards and gave me a SL of $10,000. Show them love and they give you the keys to the city.

I've been mulling over the Barclays card to app or not. I want to get in with Barclays but I've opened a lot of accounts in the past 6 months. Mainly on a majorly fast rebuild. I'm not sure how they would react to that but I want to start phasing out my CreditOne and secured card.

Was trans pulled for you? Score of 650?

Yeah they pulled Transunion for mine and my score was 657 so right above that 650 mark.  I know the first time I applied they declined me like six months or so ago due to a lot of inquiries so that's why when I did this I made sure they were first lol.  I closed my CreditOne out and I'm hoping for that graduation on my Discover next month, it will be my seventh, so fingers crossed.  I think I am going to go ahead with the nRewards if I do not get a good answer on the recon.  Good luck if you end up applying for Barclay.  

Message 7 of 16
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

"......But while as a whole it was a failure, the Barclays is my highest SL yet since rebuilding.  "

Nothing is ever a failure unless you fail to learn from it and move forward.

On the brighter side, Donald Trump has 4 bankruptcies, you have only 2  Smiley Happy

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP. Now let it all grow. LOL

* Barclay report so fast, my Aviator, report 3-4 days after approval to all CRA's

* I saw you have VS card, you can try requested SP cli every 2-3 months. Mine started $300, 1,5 years later  = $3,100.

* Dont do the same mistake again please.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats OP. Now let it all grow. LOL

* Barclay report so fast, my Aviator, report 3-4 days after approval to all CRA's

* I saw you have VS card, you can try requested SP cli every 2-3 months. Mine started $300, 1,5 years later  = $3,100.

* Dont do the same mistake again please.

I was wondering how does that work with the SP CLI on the VS card b/c I saw previously people were talking about a "love" button but I don't see anything like that.  

Got my letter from Capital One and it states too many recent inquiries on Equifax......which in the past six months has been only four, so going to figure out if I can recon that one.  

And as far as another bankruptcy never again.......app spree, yeah definitely no time soon LOL

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.