cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results...$67k! Next Steps for Rd2?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Results...$67k! Next Steps for Rd2?

*Updated: I received approval on BofA Bankamericard for $11k SL !!!    (should I call in and double App???)

*Updated 2: App'd online w/BofA on pre-selected offer, approved for Cash Rewards SL $19k!    Still waiting on US Bank, Barclays, and Southwest.

*Update 3: Citi Double Cash approved for $13,700, Care Credit denied, Barclays Denied

Today's work:

Chase Slate4000
Southwest30 day decision pending
Citibank13700
Bank of Americard$11k
The Golden 1$10k
US Bank$8700
Care Creditdenied
Barclaysdenied

BofA Cash Card          $19k

***** end update

I'm pretty happy with coming up with $28k in new credit today, but only 3 out of 7 instant approvals.  I need to research here, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for all the results of the 4 that are under review or if I should recon immediately.  Thoughts??

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Results...$28k! Next Steps?

Congrats on Approvals , very nice haul

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  It's been a loooooooooooong time coming. 

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on Approvals , very nice haul

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that the order that you applied? By your signature I assume you had 2 hard inquiries between 12 and 24 months old before this.

Chase, Citi, BoA, US Bank, Barclays...that's kind of like a who's who of boats you don't want to rock by apping along with a bunch of other cards. The Southwest card is actually affected by Chase's 5/24 rule, so you might want to call and see if they need verification or something. But don't use words like recon or denial - remember, you're just seeing if you can provide some documentation or verification for the application, not reconning at this point. But you want to expedite that application because if those other 3 post before it plus the other 2 that's 5, now it's not like they'll pull it again before approving you but still I think safest to expedite that application. You should be able to do that with all of them without issue. But you might want to do them in order of how much you want each card. Seems to me even though they should have all already pulled your credit, calling in order of how much you want each card minimizes the chances of some weird situation coming up and an issuer for a card you really want noticing more recent approvals and denying you. Of course, even if not, the peace of mind is nice. Anyway, after you call them all up and verify any hang ups they have, you should be able to get decisions or at least will get them sooner.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is that the order that you applied? By your signature I assume you had 2 hard inquiries between 12 and 24 months old before this.

Chase, Citi, BoA, US Bank, Barclays...

Thanks for the info 4fantom2500!!Yes, that's the order I applied in.  I did Chase first because of the 5/24 rule and because my DH got a huge SL with them recently. I wasn't as lucky but at least they approved me Smiley Happy   

I'll call each company and see if they need anything from me to make the decision (in order as you suggest).

Any ideas on other cards I could apply for?  It seems like the small credit unions (like Golden1) give out nice starting limits.   If I could find some more that pull TransUnion or Experian I'd go for it.   

I'm trying to avoid Equifax because I still have an old charge-off with Sync/Home Design showing (falls off in October).

I'm also not sure how many more to try.  I know that once all the new accounts show up it may be hard to get anymore for awhile.  That's one of the reasons I went for so many now.

@Anonymous
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex - any revolver or charge

It's almost certain that Amex will look at EX.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The more cards you get the more likely one of the issuers will close one of the accounts after noticing all the activity, apparently Barclay in particular has some kind of reputation for that.

Your safest bet is to not app anymore and let these accounts establish for at least a couple of months. But if you really want more, I suggest perusing my signature. Every card I listed has high rewards or great perks. You should check out my debit cards too, more perks, cash back, and interest to be had there.
Message 7 of 15
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

*Update: I received approval on BofA Bankamericard for $11k SL !!!    (should I call in and double App???)

I'm wondering if it's too late to get another card under the same HP.    BofA was so generous with my DH, I'm guessing they might give another card at a similar limit if I app today.

I'm not planning any more apps for now, but might as well get all I can get with these HPs!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Results...$58k! Next Steps?

*Update 2: 

Went with my gut and decided to apply online.  Figured the computers should know they just checked my credit and approved me yesterday so no need to do another HP. 

When I started the application, BofA had a pre-selected offer on a Cash Rewards card.  I had planned to go for a Travel Rewards, but I figured the pre-selected offer might be safer bet.  Also, checked and DH's highest BofA SL was Cash rewards card.  Hit the button and bingo. Instant approval, Cash Rewards SL $19k!!!!!  wow.

Up to $59k on my first App Spree, with three cards decisions pending.  Wooo hooo. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.