cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results...$67k! Next Steps for Rd2?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Results...$58k! Next Steps?

Congrats OP!

I would for sure stop here.  I too got 10 cards in May and done.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorta new to these forums, but would like to share my app spree experience with some data points.

Started my 3 month, CC comeback spree back on March 1 2018. I had one credit card w/ USAA for 4years, 1200/2k limit, that I paid off in Feb 2018. The only other account showing on all CR's was a CitiFi loan paid off in 2012. My scores were 660ish across the board, but after paying off the USAA card FICO 8 scores skyrocketed to over 760's across the board. FICO 9's were @ 770's-780's. Oldest Account was 10.years. AAofA's 8 years. With those scores I instantly set out to do some things. App'd with USAA, instant approval of 20k SL (Preferred Cash VS); EX HP. Next up NFCU, instant approval of 20k (Visa Flagship); TU HP. No POI required; additionally June 1, CLI to 25k (EQ 9 = 761, SP), also, pre-approved for NFCU Plat (but declined to apply). Continiung with March 1, I app'd for the U.S. Bank Cash + VS, instant approval 2500, but reconned them a day after approval, and was able to get them to raise SL to 5k.Both EX and TU HP's. April 30, USAA pre-approved me for AMEX Cash Back Plus, app'd and approved for 15k. EX HP. April 30, pre-approved for Discover It and Chrome; opped for the IT card; instant approval for 7500. Also, pre-approved with BofA, where I've done my primary banking for more than 15 years. They pre-approved me for 500 measly dollars. I graciously declined the card, after an unsuccessful recon. So, completly satisfied. I received about 6 inq's, 5 cards, and just checked my scores here yesterday, and they're still sitting above 720's FICO 8's and 740's FICO 9's across the board. If there are any specific questions. you may have, feel free to ask. I'm off to the garden, until March 2019.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 3 months now, with pretty heavy usage, but I just paid all my cards off (should be under 3% Utilization by end of next week) and I'm ready for another spree.  Any thoughts?   I can't do Amex or Discover, but this is what I'm thinking:

App Spree 2 Plan
DCU
Capital One Venture
Barclays
Citbank 2
BofA Travel Card (or Balance Transfer Card)
NFCU
USAA
HomeDepot
BestBuy
Chase Slate CLI
US Bank 2

Message 13 of 15
MrDFinance
Established Contributor

Congrats and good luck on round 2... Your going for the grand slam huh.....
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDFinance wrote:
Congrats and good luck on round 2... Your going for the grand slam huh.....

Thanks MrDFinance!  Yeah, I've seen people on this board get $250k TCL in 12 months.  Why not me! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.