Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Results.

Agreed on not apping for any more store cards for the OP.  Those cards in time are going to hold you back.  If you go to apply for a prime card in the future and all they really see are a bunch of store cards with $300 limits it could hold you back from an approval or result in an approval with a tiny limit to go along with the ones you already have.  As someone else mentioned above, a few years from now you're going to wish you didn't have half the store cards you do now and will probably start closing them down.  I'd strongly recommend a period of gardening right now.

Message 11 of 16
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

I'm not having any luck finding a recon/uw number for cap1.

Someone help me out?

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 12 of 16
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats op I know it is a great feeling to get approvals but plz plz plz listen to the advice given , don't app for anymore store cards, I only have 3 and I wish I never wasted a Hp on them or lowered my AAOA for them , plus they have set me back on some Prime approvals. And Comenity is really shaky so bc careful of that also , they are known to shut down all your accts at one swift blow if you have too many inquiries and new accounts. I would go to the garden and let them age bf doing anything else .

As far as not getting approved for the Cap One QS1 and getting approval for the kohls , they have different Underwriting for approvals, Kohls is much easier to get than a real bank card , also Cap One has a 6 mth rule between opening new accounts , you can only open one account in a 6 mth period, how long have you had the secured ?
Message 13 of 16
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's good you have a few new TLs that will give you current good history. That being said, please trust me on this-no more store cards! You will not want them, hate them, wish you never applied for them once your scores get to where you can get the big boys. The best piece of advice I can give from my
Own mistakes, which I was one who opened tons of store cards-is don't. Open a $200 Secured Discover card. It is the best secured card out there. It has rewards, a fee fico, cash back match, and it graduates in as early as the 7th month statement. Once they graduate you they usually give you a decent CLI too. It was the best thing I did. I wish I had done it earlier.

So now that you have a few store cards, which I do think is good to have some current TLs reporting positive history-stop, garden; and don't apply for anything unless it is a secured card or your scores have got to at least 650.

Congrats on your approvals.

+ 1

I would NOT get anymore Stores Cards. If you really want another store card I would wait until your scores are way up etc like 2 years from now Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed on not apping for any more store cards for the OP.  Those cards in time are going to hold you back.  If you go to apply for a prime card in the future and all they really see are a bunch of store cards with $300 limits it could hold you back from an approval or result in an approval with a tiny limit to go along with the ones you already have.  As someone else mentioned above, a few years from now you're going to wish you didn't have half the store cards you do now and will probably start closing them down.  I'd strongly recommend a period of gardening right now.

+1

Message 15 of 16
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure it has been 6 months.

I found one number and called, but they said due to "regulations" they cannot discuss reasons for my denial.

That is BS!

I apped for chase a year ago, and the recon department discussed everything in my CR.

I am also not doing any more apping at this time.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.