Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Results

I'll edit this as I get the results. Upon applying my Experian showed a 779 FICO8 and TU has a 741 Vantage Score 3.0, no derogs on either. Equifax was frozen as a result of a few errors they haven't removed versus the other 2 bureaus. Got quite a few denials despite having no derogs and a high score. I believe the reason is both of my primary credit cards aren't quite a year old yet, so the AU tradelines, despite being older cards with high limits, didn't help as much as I thought. 

Approvals:

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: 20k  (Super excited about this one!!!) (Got AA'd to 17k limit at the 5 month mark for caryring to much in balances on the no interest cards. Recon said I can pay $8k (half the balance) and the limit will automatically revert back to the original)

Sams Club Credit: $967 (Surpisingly I didn't get the mastercard, the rep told me to apply to convert it after a couple months, made it sound likely to go through)

Walmart Credit Card: Limit Unkown, rep couldn't see either, told me I would find out when I got it in the mail.

Wells Fargo Cash Wise: $6,000

Pending:

Chase Amazon Visa: (Verified account with rep, was told I'd receive an answer within 7-10 days, followed up 2 days later got approved for 2k SL)

Chase Slate:  (Approved after calling verification department. 6.5k SL) (12/16/17 auto cli to $7k)

Wells Fargo Platinum Visa: Denied. Wells Fargo will only let you apply for 1 card every 60 days. The rep said they generally want to see you handle the first card with them for a year before granting a second)

Target Credit Card: (Rep called to verify account, told me I'd receive decision via mail in 1-2 weeks) (Ended up getting card, auto cli 11/2017 to $850)

Citi Simplicity:  (denial)

Citi DoubleCash: (both Citi cards won't pull anything other than EQ, so I have to call them at the end of the month at which point EQ has finished handling the disputes)

Denials:

Bank Americard Credit Card:

Pink Ribbon Bank Americard Cash Rewards:

U.S. Bank Platinum Visa: (Was surprised at this one, I've banked with them for years.)

Capital One Venture One: (likely due to EQ being frozen)

PNC Core Visa: (Hard denial due to too many inquiries, they pulled my EX at 760 fico and 6 inquiries)

Barclaycard CashForward: (Was told there was no way I could be approved until my current primary cards got to a year old) UPDATE: Reconned successfully after the 3rd attempt, explained my financial goals, and gave a small speech. Got a starter SL of $750.

I'll update Monday after I do some verification calls and see what luck I can have with reconsiderations. Overall, this spree didn't go as well as I hoped, but I'm happy for the approvals so far, after a year of gardening I'll have a lot stronger of a credit profile then I started with. That 20k Amex is an awesome start, at least.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: App Spree Results

Hi Glenn,

Congrats on the approvals. Two questions: (1) Did you and your friends submit the applications simultaneously as you had planned? and (2) What is your AAOA now?

I hope the recons work out and definitely keep us in the loop.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

That AMEX approval, I mean, if everything else is a bust, that's gold!!! Go back to them and app for the PRG, you'll likely get that one as well, do it now!! You'll not need anything else!!
Message 3 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approvals and good luck on the rest. That Amex is awesome. I'm not a fan of WF, but great SL there too. If you get a chance and don't mind filling in the details I'm sure a lot of us would like to see the order and how you went about the process and later on the results of recons and denial reasons. You're off to a strong start with your credit. Thanks for sharing with us.

Message 4 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy spree! I thought my 6 card spree was a lot! haha. I was approved for 4 out of 6.

Keep us updated. Congrats and good luck on the rest!

Message 5 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!! Hope you got the cards you were really wanting
Message 6 of 51
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

That BCE line is awesome, but be aware that Amex loves to do random SP's and is one of the easier cards to get AA from, if they see something they don't like. If you're quick enough, you can get the PRG from the same HP, but honestly I'd leave the rest alone for a while to avoid spookimg that BCE.

Chase pulled TU/EX on me, so you will probably get at least one of those around $2-4K unless they bounce you for 5/24 . Citi likely would be a no-go after all the new activity hits when EQ is defrosted.

Target may give you a low SL as they seemed to have loosened up a bit on UW criteria.

See ya in the garden Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll edit this as I get the results. Upon applying my Experian showed a 779 FICO8 and TU has a 741 Vantage Score 3.0, no derogs on either. Equifax was frozen as a result of a few errors they haven't removed versus the other 2 bureaus. Got quite a few denials despite having no derogs and a high score. I believe the reason is both of my primary credit cards aren't quite a year old yet, so the AU tradelines, despite being older cards with high limits, didn't help as much as I thought. 

Approvals:

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: 20k  (Super excited about this one!!!)

Sams Club Credit: $967 (Surpisingly I didn't get the mastercard, the rep told me to apply to convert it after a couple months, made it sound likely to go through)

Walmart Credit Card: Limit Unkown, rep couldn't see either, told me I would find out when I got it in the mail.

Wells Fargo Cash Wise: $6,000

Pending:

Chase Amazon Visa: 

Chase Slate:

Wells Fargo Platinum Visa:

Target Credit Card:

Citi Simplicity: 

Citi DoubleCash: (both Citi cards won't pull anything other than EQ, so I have to call them at the end of the month at which point EQ has finished handling the disputes)

Denials:

Bank Americard Credit Card:

Pink Ribbon Bank Americard Cash Rewards:

U.S. Bank Platinum Visa: (Was surprised at this one, I've banked with them for years.)

Capital One Venture One: (likely due to EQ being frozen)

PNC Core Visa:

Barclaycard CashForward: (Was told there was no way I could be approved until my current cards got to a year old)

I'll update Monday after I do some verification calls and see what luck I can have with reconsiderations. Overall, this spree didn't go as well as I hoped, but I'm happy for the approvals so far, after a year of gardening I'll have a lot stronger of a credit profile then I started with. That 20k Amex is an awesome start, at least.

Message 7 of 51
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Congrats. And job on limiting your apps down from the original 30 you intended. Wise move

Message 8 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'll be hotdogged! If the Amex stays open through the rest of your approvals, I'd say it was worth the risk. Thanks for the update. Will you continue to let us know how your credit fares past the approvals/denials?

Message 9 of 51
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

So far, 4 approvals, 6 pending , 6 denials..

Congrats on the approvals, Amex of course the winner. Whats really weird is you didnt get the Sams or Walmart mc even with a high TU,though we dont know your true fico. Despite what the rep said, only way you are getting the mastercard is by applying agsin, another hp ( which still might get you another regular store card) or if its upgraded, which would be another new account. Ive had my Sams 2 years now and have never been offered the upgrade. Food for thought. Good think is , cli wise, Wally and Sams can grow. I understand WF is usually hp to get cli increases.

Good luck on the rest. I believe you probably could have done this strategically much better but we all must make our own choices. Barclays is like adding fuel to the fire anyway because when they see how many new accounts and inqs you had, quite possible they could have cld or closed the new account. Thanks for updating us thoughSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.