Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Results

Okay, so I just completely cleaned all CBs of all negative information.  I was waiting to get everything removed and the only thing left are two lates on an auto loan with GMFinancial but I'll get those removed in like 30 days.

Anyway, my scores were are as follows (and these are FAKO scores so real FICO were lower probably):

Start 30 days ago:

TU 702

EX 672

EQ 544

Applied for NFCU Flagship (thinking they only use TU and that was 702 but I was shot down - porbably because they have their algorithms linked to checking history and my NRewards card ($3k limit) which was always at 100% UTL - I paid it down to 0 UTL a month before applying but it didn't matter.  I had a ton of overdrafts etc. so I'm assuming that's the reason.  

They only pulled TU like I imagined.

Applied for NFCU NRewards Increase Limit and was denied.  They pulled equifax.  Was denied.

Applied for AMEX Everyday and was approved for $1,000

Applied for AMEX Gold and was approved for NPSL but I checked it and it looks like max is $10k

AMEX only pulled Experian but they pulled twice (hard) for each app which was frustrating.  Scores took a dive.

TU 672

EX 665

EQ 672

I finished cleaning EQ as you can see above so I applied for Discover IT today and was approved for $4,200 (they pulled Experian only)

I am in Florida BTW.  

I am now going to apply for Citi American Airlines card because I've seen from databases they only pull Equifax (which has 0 inquiries and is freshly cleaned minus those two lates) - hopefully will get it. Then I'll go to Lowes and then Home Depot and call it a day unless I can visit a branch and convince Chase to give me the Saphire Preferred.

OKAY! UPDATE ***** Just applied for PENFED Power Cash Rewards Signature Visa Card and was approved for $5k 

So today, I've been able to get $9,200 in new credit and total $20,200 in the past 30 days.  Not too shabby.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Results

@Anonymous wrote:

I am now going to apply for Citi American Airlines card because I've seen from databases they only pull Equifax (which has 0 inquiries and is freshly cleaned minus those two lates) - hopefully will get it. Then I'll go to Lowes and then Home Depot and call it a day unless I can visit a branch and convince Chase to give me the Saphire Preferred.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and bravo OP! 👏😊 but disagree on FICO’s being lower. My Vantage scores are like 60-80 points lower than my FICO’s.
Message 3 of 8
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Someone else may be able to chime in and confirm or refute but I'd imagine any bank that you've had overdrafts with is pretty likely to deny a credit app for a few years.

Otherwise congrats on the approvals!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. I can confirm regarding overdrafts and apps.
Message 5 of 8
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Brandon, any idea on time frame for OP? I have zero experience with this one.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only for Wells Fargo. Mine has been over 3 years and they still hold a grudge.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval !!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.