Did you mean: 

App Spree Success! (Student)

tag
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

App Spree Success! (Student)

Hey yall,

Successfull apps! Age: 20, Student.

Chase Freedom - $4000, 0% APR promo, then the lowest interest rate available. approved after verification.

Discover IT Student - $1500, 0% APR promo, then the lowest interest rate available. approved after verification.

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $5000, 10.24% apr. denial, then approval after recon. 

Chase Southwest Rewards Premier - $7400, approved after verification.

Pending:

AMEX BCE- pending in FR after submitting documents

Denials:

Citi DoubleCash - denied for too many inquiries, in recon with EO for 2nd review after mailing letter.

CapitalOne Quicksilver - denied due to too many inquiries, wouldn't budge despise phone calls and social media messages!

US Bank Cash+ Signature - denied due to Advanced Credit Systems? Too many apps. not sure how to recon.

Scores after the aftermath of all these apps:

EQ: 745

TU: 760

EX: 739

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Success! (Student)

@JohnJohn1995 wrote:

Hey yall,

Successfull apps! Age: 20, Student.

Chase Freedom - $4000, 0% APR promo, then the lowest interest rate available. approved after verification.

Discover IT Student - $1500, 0% APR promo, then the lowest interest rate available. approved after verification.

Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $5000, 10.24% apr. denial, then approval after recon. 

Chase Southwest Rewards Premier - $7400, approved after verification.

Pending:

AMEX BCE- pending in FR after submitting documents

Denials:

Citi DoubleCash - denied for too many inquiries, in recon with EO for 2nd review after mailing letter.

CapitalOne Quicksilver - denied due to too many inquiries, wouldn't budge despise phone calls and social media messages!

US Bank Cash+ Signature - denied due to Advanced Credit Systems? Too many apps. not sure how to recon.

Scores after the aftermath of all these apps:

EQ: 745

TU: 760

EX: 739

You got some nice cards there! Congratulations.  Out of curiosity, how many inquiries are listed on your CR for each CB?  How many new cards opened in the last 6 months?  Last 12 months?  Approx. annual income?  With great Fico scores like you have, I'm surprise you were denied anything, but I guess YMMV came into play. Smiley Wink 

Still, very nice run and SCL!  Great job! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats OP you got some wonderful cards and great SL for a student esp , treat them right and you will see great results . Congrats again
Message 3 of 18
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

Hmm, 

0 inquiries on Experian at time of apps. (order of apps: Amex, Chase, Cap1, Citi, Chase)

1 inquiry on Transunion (CLI from credit union in 05/15) (order of apps: Discover, Cap1, US Bank)

0 inquiries on Equifax (order of apps: Chase, Cap1, Penfed, Chase).

Income varied for some because not all count income from scholarships/grants and from parents, but it was appropriate for each app. On the lowest end wasn't too low, just to be on the safe side. The highest end are completely verifiable too. So no wide gaps between income. DM for specifics if you want.

All these apps were this October and there have not been any other new apps in the last 2 years basically.

My current wallet:

Nordstrom Sig - $5500, lowest APR tier.

Barclays Reards  - $2200, 17%.

Credit Union - $500, 9%.

Carecredit - $6500.

Also have a paid off benz car lease.

Before all the apps, and when my card balances were paid off, my scores all hovered above 790.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JohnJohn1995 wrote:

Hmm, 

0 inquiries on Experian at time of apps. (order of apps: Amex, Chase, Cap1, Citi, Chase)

1 inquiry on Transunion (CLI from credit union in 05/15) (order of apps: Discover, Cap1, US Bank)

0 inquiries on Equifax (order of apps: Chase, Cap1, Penfed, Chase).

Income varied for some because not all count income from scholarships/grants and from parents, but it was appropriate for each app. On the lowest end wasn't too low, just to be on the safe side. The highest end are completely verifiable too. So no wide gaps between income. DM for specifics if you want.

All these apps were this October and there have not been any other new apps in the last 2 years basically.

My current wallet:

Nordstrom Sig - $5500, lowest APR tier.

Barclays Reards  - $2200, 17%.

Credit Union - $500, 9%.

Carecredit - $6500.

Also have a paid off benz car lease.

Before all the apps, and when my card balances were paid off, my scores all hovered above 790.

Beats me.  Smiley Indifferent Who knows why these lenders make the decisions they do sometimes, LOL!  You picked up some nice cards for sure - and at the rate you're going, you're sure to get the others! Smiley Happy  Congratulations again and good luck! Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 18
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

Good news!

Called US Bank yesterday (just in time) on the recon backdoor number. Customer service rep read and said some stuff and before I could even ask why I was calling (once my info was verified) he immediately said 'everything is looking good, I'm going to put this in for a second review'. My score was 779 out of their range of 836 and the main reason for the denial said 'too many new accounts'. But the rep pretty much disregarded all that.

Also, I made 2 new applications for other cards since my last post. I applied for a new card with my local credit union, got a basic $3000 card. No frills, but basic credit union no fees/low APR type deal. Also applied for the Mercedes Amex and got a 2nd FR request, which they ended up transferring over the information from my Blue Cash FR deal to expedite rather than do the back and forth with paperwork. It is in progress but I believe this is a good chance. Also got Nordstrom siggy raised to $8000 but with a hard inquiry (trying to see if I can have them reverse it since I asked it to be a soft inquiry).

Last but not least, my Blue Cash application finally got approved after over a month of waiting. Appears the 4506t form for 2015 tax info + bank statements and other docs I sent them sufficed. Starting line.....$8700! My biggest starting line yet. Any tips or advice on making this card grow? I'm so excited to be back with amex after they closed my cards 2 years ago due to an FR just as I became a student and was starting to get income.

Also, had sent a letter to Citi to ask to recon the DoubleCash app denial. Result came back in mail with a LOWER score than the one provided in the original denial letter (weird?) and was given the same reasons for denial...so essentially, useless.

If all goes well from here on out, after all my app sprees, I would have had all my apps approved besides Citi and CapitalOne. Oh well, I aint complaining.

Message 7 of 18
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

More good news!

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature approved after recon. Not sure about limit or terms but it is in the mail.

Applied for Merrill Lynch+ card but denied due to too many new accounts. However, after applying for the BankAmerica Travel Rewards card online and calling up status and recon numbers, got an approval after some back and forth in the same day. $1200 but it is a good starting point especially after the inquiry for ML+. Any chance I can call up recon to bump up the limit to match my other limits?

And the local credit union card I applied jointly with my mom, turns out they decided to go for the signature rewards card with $5000 as the SL. Neat.

Still waiting on the Amex Mercedes Benz which is in pre-application FR limbo. Very slowwwwww process but they keep reassuring me that it is not a denial and they just need to get the verified paperwork before approving it. Fingers crossed.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a successful spree!

Message 9 of 18
JohnJohn1995
Valued Member

Approved for Mercedes Benz Amex for $3400 Smiley Happy.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.