Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Success with Discover, American Express AMEX, NFCU,

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Success with Discover, American Express AMEX, NFCU,

I am new to the rebuilding stage of credit as my credit has been sub 600 until the beginning of 2016.  After getting my scores to the mid 600s, I did my first APP spree on April 26, 2016 and about 6 hours later I was approved or American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card for $4,000 with the Fico 8 scores you can see below.  So far Experian has reported 3 Hard Credit Pulls with my Fico 8 dropping 3 points for all 3 hard pulls on the same day.  On my reports when I applied, I was an Authorized User (AU) on a Macy's Card with a 6,500 limit with 25% utilization and an AU on a Cap 1 card with a $5,000 limit with about 50% utilization.  

I also was approved for a Discover IT card at $1,500

NFCU Navy Federal Credit Union approved me for a credit card but I don't know the details yet, and I don't know about the checking line of credit yet.

I also applied for a Nordstrom card which I haven't heard back about.  I am wondering if my online application worked.

I am not sure the exact strategy from here on out, quite frankly I don't know what the technical definition of gardening is but I am guessing gardening equates to doing nothing.  It seems like I should ask for Credit Line Increase (CLI) every month or so, is that correct?  I plan on keeping alternating one card at 5-9% utilization while the other cards carry a zero balance but still using them all to buy stuff I normally buy and nothing else.  I am getting rid of the AU accounts because I don't control those, I don't make payments, and I don't have the cards to use anyways.

I really appreciate the info and community on myFICO, I wish I would have known this much stuff years ago.

EQ 631 with two judgments reported on there and one B.S. hard pull to open a credit union savings account 

TU 685

EX 676

7 REPLIES 7
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree Success with Discover, American Express AMEX, NFCU,

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to the rebuilding stage of credit as my credit has been sub 600 until the beginning of 2016.  After getting my scores to the mid 600s, I did my first APP spree on April 26, 2016 and about 6 hours later I was approved or American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card for $4,000 with the Fico 8 scores you can see below.  So far Experian has reported 3 Hard Credit Pulls with my Fico 8 dropping 3 points for all 3 hard pulls on the same day.  On my reports when I applied, I was an Authorized User (AU) on a Macy's Card with a 6,500 limit with 25% utilization and an AU on a Cap 1 card with a $5,000 limit with about 50% utilization.  

NFCU Navy Federal Credit Union approved me for a credit card but I don't know the details yet, and I don't know about the checking line of credit yet.

I also applied for a Nordstrom card which I haven't heard back about.  I am wondering if my online application worked.

I am not sure the exact strategy from here on out, quite frankly I don't know what the technical definition of gardening is but I am guessing gardening equates to doing nothing.  It seems like I should ask for Credit Line Increase (CLI) every month or so, is that correct?  I plan on keeping alternating one card at 5-9% utilization while the other cards carry a zero balance but still using them all to buy stuff I normally buy and nothing else.  I am getting rid of the AU accounts because I don't control those, I don't make payments, and I don't have the cards to use anyways.

I really appreciate the info and community on myFICO, I wish I would have known this much stuff years ago.

EQ 631 with two judgments reported on there and one B.S. hard pull to open a credit union savings account 

TU 685

EX 676

Congrats on your Amex and Discover approvals!

I gave up on Disco. They just won't approve me for anything, never had any Disco cards so don't know why they are playing hard to get with me since I've never have burned them. Mostly wanted a Discover card to use at Six Flags for the 5% cashback since we've been gold members for 5 years now. Getting 5% back would be nice. I hope you get a good SL on your NFCU card, maybe 15k?

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the Amex and Discover approvals! Nordstrom is usually better to apply in store, online tends to have verification issues quite frequently. Keep us posted though.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TU 685

EX 676

Updated 4.27.16 - Navy Federal Credit Union NFCU sent me a message via email last night that I copy and pasted here,

"Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $17,900.00. Your APR will be 14.9%."

I can't really believe that, it almost seems way too good to be true. Thank you to whomever Creditaddict is,  Thank you MyFico community and thank you for being able to search posts by number of "kudos" because that is the only reason I found the Creditaddict post out about NFCU. They are still reviewing my application for the checking account line of credit as far as I know.  

Message 5 of 8
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

You got to love NFCU limits haha congrats!
Message 6 of 8
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Congratulations
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 7 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.