Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Success

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

App Spree Success

Pretty good day. Received my new passport to get ready for trip in a few months, received insurance check so we can start house repairs soon, and app spree went well.

Though I've never checked in to the garden thread it's been awhile since I last app'd for anything; my last one was my AMEX BCE 3+ years ago otherwise I've been pretty good at using what I had. The plan was always to app spree at the end of the year since I've been feeling the itch and with Hurricane Harvey leaving repairs needed for the house I figured it was a good idea to increase my card portfolio since it showed the importance of credit. And with the check from insurance finally coming in figure I can grab some signing bonuses while I'm at it when repairs start and holiday/vacation spend soon as well. Goal was to get cards that I would use long term and keep them. Plans can change but that was the mindset when I started today. And here are the results:

Chase CSR: $30,000

Chase Amazon Prime: $8,000

AMEX SPG - $26,000
AMEX Business SPG - $30,000
Penfed Promise - $20,000
Penfed PLOC - $10,000

Capital One Venture - $30,000

I wanted to wait til Penfed received my deposit before I app'd otherwise no hitches other than a quick phone call after the morning app. The Business SPG I used the EIN for the business; had to call OPEN for that one. The only other snag that I expected actually was Chase. Since I burned them for an unpaid CO back in 2008 I knew when I app'd for the CSR I would have to check in and explain what happened. Told them my situation at the time, got put on hold and came back with an approval. The Amazon app I was surprised went without a hitch it was an instant approval no calls needed. On a related note I do plan to PC the BCE I already have to Blue Cash since it meets our household grocery spend but that's something I'll worry about early next year.

As far as keeping them the only ones on the chopping block once the next year approaches is the Venture and Business SPG. Admittedly, the Venture will probably be allocated to one of my QS cards though I'm not sure yet. The Business SPG I probably plan to cancel once the AF is due unless I get a good retention offer or offers being sent to me are good enough to keep it around.

Stats at time of apps are FICO 08 scores: TU 810 EQ 813 EX 813, utilization: 3%, AAoA: 8 years, no derogatories. and 0 inquiries the past two years.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Success

Wow that is one amazing app spree! Congrats on all the awesome cards and limits!

Message 2 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks!

Message 3 of 38
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Wowza! 😊💁🏽🎉Congrats on all cards and those amazing limits. Glad to see the Amex apps got approved without having to wait.

Message 4 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks! I was actually worried about that because there was a chance the business SPG would not go through since they normally limit revolvers to one in a 5 day period (and I went with personal SPG first) but figuring I had nothing to lose I called in to app and it went through with no problems fortunately.

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew you are a busy person! You have wonderful cards and awesome credit scores. Way to go...

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice spree! Congrats. (And a big congrats for lasting 3 years with no apps. How in the world?? Lol)
Message 7 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Whew you are a busy person! You have wonderful cards and awesome credit scores. Way to go...

You have no idea lol and thanks!

Message 8 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice spree! Congrats. (And a big congrats for lasting 3 years with no apps. How in the world?? Lol)

Thanks! And it probably helped how bad I screwed up during the credit crunch back in 2008. Being young and stupid didn't do me any favors back then but I learned from it.

Message 9 of 38
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.