Did you mean: 

App Spree Success

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: App Spree Success

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Wonderful and amazing spree!  Welcome to SPG/Marriott Gold; hope to see you in the M Club Lounge soon.  Sorry for being so tardy with the congrats, but CONGRATS!

lol thanks on both fronts!

Message 31 of 38
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

That is an impressive spree! Congrats. And I'm also impressed with your scores and patience to garden for so long. Way to go!!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 32 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:
That is an impressive spree! Congrats. And I'm also impressed with your scores and patience to garden for so long. Way to go!!

For a few days after I was stuggling not to app more and still am if I'm being honest lol so we'll see and thanks!

Message 33 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

WOWZERS!! Thats sure was a nice run! Congrats on your success!! Thats awesomeSmiley Happy
Message 34 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thanks!!

Message 35 of 38
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Smart spree that returned you some strong results this go 'round.

Congratulations on moving on those accounts you felt best to approach on this spree.

Message 36 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yeah, I actually almost forgot about Chase's 5/24 and was gonna do the CSR last til I remembered and thanks!

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Pretty good day. Received my new passport to get ready for trip in a few months, received insurance check so we can start house repairs soon, and app spree went well.

Though I've never checked in to the garden thread it's been awhile since I last app'd for anything; my last one was my AMEX BCE 3+ years ago otherwise I've been pretty good at using what I had. The plan was always to app spree at the end of the year since I've been feeling the itch and with Hurricane Harvey leaving repairs needed for the house I figured it was a good idea to increase my card portfolio since it showed the importance of credit. And with the check from insurance finally coming in figure I can grab some signing bonuses while I'm at it when repairs start and holiday/vacation spend soon as well. Goal was to get cards that I would use long term and keep them. Plans can change but that was the mindset when I started today. And here are the results:

Chase CSR: $30,000

Chase Amazon Prime: $8,000

AMEX SPG - $26,000
AMEX Business SPG - $30,000
Penfed Promise - $20,000
Penfed PLOC - $10,000

Capital One Venture - $30,000

I wanted to wait til Penfed received my deposit before I app'd otherwise no hitches other than a quick phone call after the morning app. The Business SPG I used the EIN for the business; had to call OPEN for that one. The only other snag that I expected actually was Chase. Since I burned them for an unpaid CO back in 2008 I knew when I app'd for the CSR I would have to check in and explain what happened. Told them my situation at the time, got put on hold and came back with an approval. The Amazon app I was surprised went without a hitch it was an instant approval no calls needed. On a related note I do plan to PC the BCE I already have to Blue Cash since it meets our household grocery spend but that's something I'll worry about early next year.

As far as keeping them the only ones on the chopping block once the next year approaches is the Venture and Business SPG. Admittedly, the Venture will probably be allocated to one of my QS cards though I'm not sure yet. The Business SPG I probably plan to cancel once the AF is due unless I get a good retention offer or offers being sent to me are good enough to keep it around.

Stats at time of apps are FICO 08 scores: TU 810 EQ 813 EX 813, utilization: 3%, AAoA: 8 years, no derogatories. and 0 inquiries the past two years.

In terms of your amazing spree numbers, my guess is that there may be a message in the DPs you provided.

Just sayin'... Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.