Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Sucess!! and Amex Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Sucess!! and Amex Question

I am SO stoked!  I am just past 5 years BK7, and I went on a bit of an app spree.

Since my BK7 in March 2014, I have gotten 5 cards - 4 Cap One and 1 Barclays, and have had 2 car leases.  My cards are Cap One Quicksilver 5K, Venture One 7.5K, Barclays 4.8K, and the two starter Cap One Quicksilver One cards which are sitting at 2600 and 1600.   The cards are not new, I got them in 2015 and 2016.

My current UTIL is around 7%. 

I applied for Discover, which pulled TU, my highest score at 715, and was approved for the Discover IT with a limit of 14.5K!!  I am SO excited to finally be getting cards with these kinds of limits!  I filed BK7 due to unemployment beginning in 2008 when we had that economic crisis.  I've worked SO hard, and I'm so happy it's paying off.

I also applied for Amex, and was approved for the Delta Gold, which I am hoping to use soon for airfare. I am happy to be in with Amex (who I did not burn), but I am super bummed about the credit line.  My SL is... 1000 dollars ! Smiley Frustrated  They pulled Experian, which is at 681.

Is it worth reconning the SL?  What is this 61 days I hear about with Amex?  I got the offer to get 60000 bonus miles if I spend 2000 in the first 3 months... but what am I really going to be doing with a 1000 limit?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!!Smiley Very Happy

For those that are still early in their rebuild, I hope this encourages you.  It DOES get better... just takes time.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree Sucess!! and Amex Question

Congrats!!!
Message 2 of 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Approval - Recon Starting Limit?

1k limits are usually "just making the cut" with Amex, I highly doubt they will increase.

Just do a search on Amex 3x CLI. It will give you the details on increasing.

Congrats on the approval
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 9
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your AmEx Approval!!!

Normally, AmEx does not Recon SLs. In order to request a CLI, your 1st opportunity is the 61st day after your Card is approved.

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on  your approval !!!!

Recon is very unlikely but  you can ask for 3x CLI when  you hit 61 days

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on  your approval !!!!

Recon is very unlikely but  you can ask for 3x CLI when  you hit 61 days

Congrats on the approvals and I agree with @Anonymous ..

Message 6 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi all -

I posted something similar to this on the rebuilding credit thread, but it has disappeared. I tried to edit it, maybe I deleted it by accident?

Hi @Anonymous, your other thread was flagged by the spam filter due to the multiple edits and possibly the similarity to this one.  I've merged the replies and removed the other thread (this forum is more appropriate for your topic).

--UB

P.S.  Congrats on the approval!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Neutron
New Contributor

Use the amex for everything and pif the day you use it until you hit that 2k mark.  The reward is well worth it.  Congrats!

Message 8 of 9
Omw800
Contributor

Congrats 🎉🎉🎉 and your starting limit isn’t terrible. You were a high risk applicant but at least you foot is in the door. When I was first approved, they offered me $500, oh hell— I didn’t know they offered such low limits. I was an exception to the rule but hey, I was in and it’s not a DENIAL. Just make payments in between the months, if you can handle spending 1500-2000 on it for the next to months. They will surely increase it.
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.