cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree? Yes, PLEASE! (Best experience outside the garden to date)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree? Yes, PLEASE! (Best experience outside the garden to date)

Well.. I have been in the garden for a little while and really working on getting back on track from a nomad's life. No baddies during this time but lots of util. So that brings us to today, and that tempting AMEX Green offer for some extra points. I clicked and got an instant approval (happy face!) I called AMEX to slide CLs to one card and close another, I didn't go through with closing the card but did transfer the limit and my score shot up! So here's where I'm at and what I got... time to go back to the garden.

Util: 19% (Higher than normal but haven't been submitting for CLIs)

AAoA: 6yr 1m

AoOA: 16 yr 4m

FICO8 Scores:

EQ: 734

TU: 713 (Balance paid off but not reporting)

EXP: 740

INQ: 2 on EQ (new chking set to fall off in April), 1 TU, 4 EXP

After the Green card, I decided to take advantage of a cashback trifecta that doesn't have SUB requirements (already have the green card):

Costco Citi $11k 16.76% for the 4% gas and Costco

Costco DC $9.7k 16.76% (Needed a BT transfer offer with a good product)

PenFed Visa 1.5% CB - $10k 16.99%

I was planning to stop there... and sadly I've always wanted the 3% Alliant CU card, so I pulled the trigger -- APPROVED!

Alliant $15k 14.99% 

And so my journey outside the garden ends, shortlived but fruitful. I have all the cards I've ever wanted, there's a few I'd like to get but I can live without them. My goal is to thin the heard and grow my limits. The question is with the older cards from when my scores were lower with 24% and up APR. How should I handle getting rid of them? Do I get rid of a few of them every couple of months? I would assume if I went on a cancel spree my score would crash? 

I already closed a Cap1 Secure that would never have graduated and a Marvel Card that was a BIG regret after hitting submit.

1 REPLY 1
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: App Spree? Yes ,PLEASE! (Best experience outside the garden to date)

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.