Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree after Amex FR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree after Amex FR

The other day Amex called and they said they were conducting a FR. I've never been through that so I was kinda bummed for whatever reason. I sent they what they wanted and now I'm just waiting to hear from them. I posted the other day about getting a couple of cards I've been wanting. So I  applied for 

Hyatt and was instantly approved for $9000. Then I applied for the Business Marriott and got the dreaded 30 day message, so I moved on cause it's always been a no with the message. Well low and behold I checked today and was approved for $12,000

So I  decided to press my luck and applied for the Citi  business American Airlines again instant approval for $7000. Pushed my luck once more and applied for the Costco card and another $6000. You have no idea the state of shock I'm still in over my approvals especially with great credit lines ( for me anyway). So needless to say I'm off to the garden for a while. Anyway I just wanted to share.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree after Amex FR

Congrats on all spree approvals , and very nice SLs on all of them , any data points you can provide

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the spree! You have some nice pick ups!
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

After those pickups jist tell Amex to go FR themselvesSmiley Wink. Nah just kidding. Most excellent workSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol wow that literally made me laugh out loud. I've been so happy with Amex so I define don't want to lose my 186,000 MR points.

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Major league congrats !

What triggered the FR?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The other day Amex called and they said they were conducting a FR. I've never been through that so I was kinda bummed for whatever reason. I sent they what they wanted and now I'm just waiting to hear from them. I posted the other day about getting a couple of cards I've been wanting. So I  applied for 

Hyatt and was instantly approved for $9000. Then I applied for the Business Marriott and got the dreaded 30 day message, so I moved on cause it's always been a no with the message. Well low and behold I checked today and was approved for $12,000

So I  decided to press my luck and applied for the Citi  business American Airlines again instant approval for $7000. Pushed my luck once more and applied for the Costco card and another $6000. You have no idea the state of shock I'm still in over my approvals especially with great credit lines ( for me anyway). So needless to say I'm off to the garden for a while. Anyway I just wanted to share.

You think all the new CCs will help with your AmEx FR?  You can always apply for them AFTER the FR....

Message 7 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Noice!!! Congrats on the app spree and great SLs!!
You mind telling us what caused the FR?
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.