cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree after Amex FR

Opnminded72
Established Member

App Spree after Amex FR

The other day Amex called and they said they were conducting a FR. I've never been through that so I was kinda bummed for whatever reason. I sent they what they wanted and now I'm just waiting to hear from them. I posted the other day about getting a couple of cards I've been wanting. So I  applied for 

Hyatt and was instantly approved for $9000. Then I applied for the Business Marriott and got the dreaded 30 day message, so I moved on cause it's always been a no with the message. Well low and behold I checked today and was approved for $12,000

So I  decided to press my luck and applied for the Citi  business American Airlines again instant approval for $7000. Pushed my luck once more and applied for the Costco card and another $6000. You have no idea the state of shock I'm still in over my approvals especially with great credit lines ( for me anyway). So needless to say I'm off to the garden for a while. Anyway I just wanted to share.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
VoltronM
Senior Contributor

Re: App Spree after Amex FR

Congrats on all spree approvals , and very nice SLs on all of them , any data points you can provide

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 2 of 8
Rjw170
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the spree! You have some nice pick ups!
Current Fico 8 Scores:

Credit Goal:

Gardening until 2021

Current Cards:

Wish List:

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

After those pickups jist tell Amex to go FR themselvesSmiley Wink. Nah just kidding. Most excellent workSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Opnminded72
Established Member

Lol wow that literally made me laugh out loud. I've been so happy with Amex so I define don't want to lose my 186,000 MR points.

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Major league congrats !

What triggered the FR?

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>12/2020 CCT EX 821 TU 826 EQ 840

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Major Kong (Slim Pickens) in Dr. Strangelove 1964
Message 6 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Opnminded72 wrote:

The other day Amex called and they said they were conducting a FR. I've never been through that so I was kinda bummed for whatever reason. I sent they what they wanted and now I'm just waiting to hear from them. I posted the other day about getting a couple of cards I've been wanting. So I  applied for 

Hyatt and was instantly approved for $9000. Then I applied for the Business Marriott and got the dreaded 30 day message, so I moved on cause it's always been a no with the message. Well low and behold I checked today and was approved for $12,000

So I  decided to press my luck and applied for the Citi  business American Airlines again instant approval for $7000. Pushed my luck once more and applied for the Costco card and another $6000. You have no idea the state of shock I'm still in over my approvals especially with great credit lines ( for me anyway). So needless to say I'm off to the garden for a while. Anyway I just wanted to share.

You think all the new CCs will help with your AmEx FR?  You can always apply for them AFTER the FR....

Message 7 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Noice!!! Congrats on the app spree and great SLs!!
You mind telling us what caused the FR?
Mission Accomplished on Dec 07 2020! Rebuild Complete!

New cc TLs : 2/6 ; 2/12 ; 3/24
HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 1
AAoA 5y4m
UTIL 1% - 3%

$250K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.