Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree!

First, I want to thank the wonderful people on this board for the great information and support that they provide. I have been a member for almost 1 year and have managed to bring my scores from a 550 to a decent 687.

I finally closed one of my starter cards from Wellsfargo *secured*  (it refused to budge...at all!) and I decided to come out of the garden and  apply for a few cards today, before my score takes a temporary hit for closing the WF card.  I was instantly approved for Discover IT- 3000.00, Amex (cash everyday)- 1800.00 and Chase Sapphire 5000.00! This is my first 5000.00 limit!! I am so excited. It is so nice to finally see my credit growing, and I owe alot to this board for the valuable information. Now, back to the garden I go!!

edited to correct spelling...

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree!

Good job!! You did it! Awesome spending limits too! I love the discover and csp! Happy spending 🙂
Message 2 of 17
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Far as I know there is no hit for closing a card?  Might be, I dunno!

Congrats!  Big congrats on the Chase Sapphire!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job!

also, what limit was your wf secured? How long did you have it for. I'm debating whether to close mine too. I had it for 2.5 years. Never seen graduation
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome op!! Keep up the good work!!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice job!

also, what limit was your wf secured? How long did you have it for. I'm debating whether to close mine too. I had it for 2.5 years. Never seen graduation

It was a secured card with a 900.00 limit....I opened it in 2012!! My Capital One Sony is 4000.00....Walmart, Old Navy, Home Depot are 4000.00 as well. So I felt that the secured card had served its purpose and its time to move on.......I really dont know whats up with Wellsfargo, some people have better luck with them.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 7 of 17
Mzjedwards1
Valued Member

Congrats on your app spree!!!!!.Looks like it paid off... WF just doesnt seem to move much at all... 

Garden Club Member" width="40" height="40" align="right">
Credit One Platinum $450 / Capital One Platinum: $500 / Wells Fargo Platinum: $300 /Kohls $300/ Fingerhut $500/ Total Visa $300/ Express $250/Quicksilver 500/Best Buy Visa 2000
621 Exp/675 TU/ 624 EQ.....Gardening until.........2018??
Message 8 of 17
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Good Job!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will not take a hit on your score for closing the card. It does not lower your AAOA. It will stay on your reports for 10 years. Added new accounts will.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.