Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree

I have been a lurker over the last few months reading a wealth of knowledge and following tips to get my utilization down.

I decided to bite the bullet and do an app spree to build a mix of credit and get my Total credit limit increased.

I was recently approved for capital one platinum unsecured -$2000. Surprised because I burnt capital one a few years go for two different cards $750 + 300. Both charged off and PIF. Rebuilt my relationship by getting a QS1 with $500 limit. Used everyday and PIF when statement was cut.

Target Red card- wife and I shop here often so I applied and was approved for $500

Kohl’s- wife and I shop here often l, only approved $300 but wanted it for discounts and will PIF when statement cuts

PP MC - only $300 but will PIF when used

Amazon Store card - wife and I purchase from amazon a lot so I figured why not.

Navy Fed- Nsecured $300 Deposit
Already have Visa Flagship - 5K limit (2 years)
Go rewards (1.5 years 4.6k limit)

Citi secured - wanted to get my foot in the door (goal card is citi DC)

Scores when applying were Ex-618 TU-634 and Eq 600

Only derogs - Repossession of vehicle that I do-signed for parents (what a mistake that was) been 2 years Credit is slowly recovering.

Will now garden until Feb 2021 and let some history build with current cards. I want accounts to age and cards with lower limits to hopefully get Auto CLI or do SP in about 6-8 months to get increases.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree

Congratulations on your approvals and welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your rebuild journey. Now, time to water the garden. 👍
Message 2 of 17
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the App Spree and Approvals
🎉🎊🎈🥳🎁

You probably could combine Cap 1 cards into the QS1 and retire the platinum card when you’re Eligible

Everything else is Garden time PIF watch your statement cut snapshot for the 3CRA and let the score soar the derogatory stuff can always be address main thing keep your payments Green✅
Time will be your best SIDEKICK....

🦇🦇🦇🥊💥🥊💥🥊💥✅✅✅
BAT ATTACK APPROVED
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals.

Message 4 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success and welcome to myfico Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 17
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

Good job on the approvals. Are you going to keep the navy secured card open since you have two others with them?

Message 7 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the congratulations everyone. Yes I will keep the Nsecured- I’m hoping it’ll graduate to the cash rewards and then I’ll have my Navy Fed trifecta.
Message 9 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.