cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd Penfed & SECU at the same time!...30k!

tag
TG10X
Regular Contributor

Re: App'd Penfed & SECU at the same time!...30k!

@Gmood1 wrote:

@TG10X 

I'd chill for a little while. Give it at least 90 days before you jump back in the foray. 180 days would be even better.

I normally play the 😈 advocate 😂.

I think you are building a very strong and diverse profile! You don't seem stuck on one particular lender. Which IMHO is an excellent strategy.

Allow things to settle down a bit and mellow out. 

You'll come back even stronger! 

Any drop in scores may have rebounded in 6 months or so.

Penfed may start surprising you with SP approvals sooner than later.

Duly Noted! Thanks again for the insight.

Probably gonna grab this Apple card since I already have the green light & I can actually use it. Then shut it down for the foreseeable future. Let the chips fall where they may and have everything balance itself out as far as my scores. I'm just focused on that third Navy card at the moment. Gonna put some nice spend on the cards I have and maybe get some CLIs out of the deal lol.

I'm really looking forward to building with Penfed. Already planning to hit that $100 SUB. A SP approval would be love!

Message 21 of 37
TG10X
Regular Contributor

@nuohlac wrote:

Congratulations on your approvals!!! I would take the Apple card. I use it for nothing but Apple purchases on the family's app store plan. I am hoping it is enough use to make it grow. 

Thank You

The card somewhat had my curiousity at first, but after I saw how you can get low cost 0% interest payment plan through the card... it had my attention. I'm looking at a new Macbook Pro in the very near future so this would be ideal.

Message 22 of 37
TG10X
Regular Contributor

@mrcraft wrote:

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Thank You

Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TG10X  Super Congrats on your PenFed and SECU approvals!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals

Message 25 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all your success

Message 26 of 37
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@TG10X 

Did your tradelines report with SECU? My SECU CC reported today. The PLOC didn't. The statement cut on the PLOC, back on the 15th of June.

I wonder if it reports at all? Seems like it would whether used or not. All of my other PLOCs report to the CBs besides John Deere. If this one doesn't that's fine to. lol

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals! When you get the survey request from PenFed express your disappointment with your starting credit line. Wouldn't be surprised if you got a call from a manager in lending who might be able to get that SL bumped up.

Message 28 of 37
TG10X
Regular Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@TG10X 

Did your tradelines report with SECU? My SECU CC reported today. The PLOC didn't. The statement cut on the PLOC, back on the 15th of June.

I wonder if it reports at all? Seems like it would whether used or not. All of my other PLOCs report to the CBs besides John Deere. If this one doesn't that's fine to. lol

I definitely got 2 alerts today for SECU & BB&T. Both I'm surprised reported so early bc I got both of them this month. My PLOC did not report which I'm kind of surprised about also! I'm not pressed for the PLOC to report bc I have a few other new accounts coming down the pipeline lol

Message 29 of 37
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@TG10X 

Thanks! I know what you mean. If it's hidden. That's even better! lol

Had 3 to report over the last two weeks. Took a 7 point hit on EX last week, when the first two reported.

Not a big deal as they bounce bank quickly and not enough points to change the outcome of future apps, besides the too many new accounts code.

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.