Did you mean: 

App spree. Approved for Chase CSP, Bofa, WF Propel, Barclays, CapOne Savor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App spree. Approved for Chase CSP, Bofa, WF Propel, Barclays, CapOne Savor

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I thought I'd share my experiences with approvals and double HPs with Chase.

On Jan 13th I applied for Chase CSP and was instantly approved for 18.3k and I thought I should use that inquiry to apply for another chase card but I couldn't decide which one to apply for, since I already have FU with 14K so instead I called in to ask for a limit increase on the current FU card and I was declined. As soon as the rep said I was declined I received notifications of new inquiry from experian. After this, I just left Chase alone.

Here's the list of apps in order of applications placed (first to last):

1. Capital One Savor card  -approved  -12K    --- EQ, TU (EQ 3 inquiries, TU 7 inquiries from 2018).
  2. Bofa Cash Rewards        -approved  -7K.     --- EX only (4 inquiries from 2018).
  3. Chase CSP                       -approved  -18.3K --- EX only (5 inquiries including Bofa's).
  4. WellsFargo Propel          -approved  -6K       --- EX only (7 inquiries inclduing Bofa's & Chase's x2).
  5. Barclays Arrival+            -need to mail in IDs-- TU only (8 inquiries including CapOne's).

My scores are in my signature and utilization is at about 4%.

In Nov 2018 I got 2 personal loans for 25K and 17K at about 6.5% APR to consolidate all of my credit card balances thus lowering my utilization to 4%. So at the time of applying for cards the 2 loans were already reporting. 

The inquiries are mostly from personal loans and an auto loan from 2018. I haven't really applied to any cards since Jan 2017.

Hope I haven't missed anything, if I have then just ask me, I will be happy to answer!

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App spree. Approved for Chase CSP, Bofa, WF Propel, Barclays, CapOne Savor

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the nice cards!    Chase can be a little picky though about rapidly opening up other accounts at the time of their approvals so hopefully you'll be fine.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still thinking of applying for another chase card to take advantage of that inquiry.

Would declined CLI mean they don't want to extend any more limit to me whether it's a CLI or a new card?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and thank you!

I've been thinking of applying for an amazon card too.

Since both store card issued by Synchrony and visa card issued by Chase offer 5% back, I can't decide which one to go for.

Would it be a safe bet to go for the store card?

For the record: I've been denied a CLI on both my Synchrony cards though. But also denied CLI on chase FU card.

Message 4 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats in a successful spree. You'll be auto declined with Chase. There has been reports on Myfico, that the double app loophole has closed with them.
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approvals and welcome to myFICO!

If I were you, I would take a break from applying for awhile. You have some skittish lenders in that spree (Chase and Barclays particularly), they're known for taking adverse action when you have too many new accounts from any lender in a short period of time.

Message 6 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice haulSmiley Happy. Take a 6 month break. Chase doesnt like to give so much in a smsll time frame and poking the bear isnt worth losing your big lines.
Message 7 of 20
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 20
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Wow nice spree. Those are all prime cards. Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your inputs are immensely valuable.

I'm taking your advices and going onto gardening as of now!

Thank you all for your responses! Its truly appreciated!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.