Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree. Headed to garden for 2-3 years. I promise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App spree. Headed to garden for 2-3 years. I promise

• Ok so I posted yesterday that I got approved for NFCU membership and CC. Well after that approval I got carried away. Well not really. I just went after all the cards that have been on my wish list for a year ever since I started rebuilding. So DP will be below my post. But first I'm gonna post all approvals. Now that I'm in with everyone and every card I wanted I'm done and will be in the garden for years. I have no need for anything else. I know this is a lot at one time but I just pray they don't do anything and have a little faith in me and all will work out fine. So no need for any negative advice. I know this was quite the spree. Which is why I'm done.  Here goes in the order that I applied:

1/13/18:

Membership approved as well as cash rewards(apped 10 hours after membership approval). Instant approval $2800!! (Highest CL other than store card) @ 15.65% w 0% intro APR for 12 months for BT. HP TU

Well I thought I waa done there and decided what the beck I want all of my accounts to age together so I went for it. 

USAA rate advantage preselected offer in my offers and I was denied. BUT they said "but you're approved for

USAA classic platinum visa: instant approved SL $1000 HP EX

Care Credit: instant approval for $7000. Recon today to $7500. Plenty for me. HP TU

Discover! It!: instant approval for $10k. I had to call to find out the SL. Almost fell outta my chair. Stayed calm and said ok thank you. Called in again today and asked again just to make sure. Lol! Unbelievable. And still no HP

Cap1 Plat. Preferred: 7-10 day message. HP on all 3( as usual ugh!) Tried calling every backdoor number there is and they all said "closed until normal business hours". Got a call at 4:42 pm and missed it. VM said it is the fraud department calling to verify that I applied. That's a good sign. Rather than an instant denial. She said call back by 5pm. Missed my oplortunity. Will call tomorrow and find out if they answer being that tomorrow is holiday. And update then. 

AMEX BCE: no prequal offers ever for me. Cold app. Instant approval $1k.  Then I said what the heck. HP EX

AMEX Delta Blue Miles: instant approval. NPSL

EDIT: all these apps were done between 6pm(NFCU) and then the rest (8pm-11pm) last night. So all yesterday within hours. 

NEW EDIT: PS everyone. I forgot to mention. I was denied by discover 2 months ago and now they are my highest SL/CL. Weird right? Just don't give up if you're trying. Patience is key. As everyone else on here says building credit is a marathon not a sprint!

Whew! What a rush. From $0(negative $500 charged off) to $30k+ in a year with hard work on my credit.  I read this forums everyday. Yeah I mean everyday. Anything and everything. And now try to help family and friends with theirs too. So as stated before I know this was quite the spree. I know many advise against it but I had nothing to lose as I will be heading to tje garden anyway until I have 0 inquires on all reports. Sorry for the long post. But I'm quite excited to be in with prime banks and can't wait for the cards to get here and head to the garden. Thanks for all the advice on here. Any further questions just ask. 

Current fico TU 668 EQ 656 EX 671 (has yet to update with new credit info I.e: (paid balances)

Inquiries prior to spree: TU-3 EQ-2 EX-4

1 collection charge off paid a year ago ($500 GTE FCU) went over 120+ days late on it account closed. PIF to CA

Current reporting UTI (not updated to reflect payments): 43% (high I know)

AAoA:7 months

Capital bank installment(credit builder) loan $1100 Feb '17(closed11/17)

Open sky secured card $400 Feb '17

Capital one May 17. $500. (CLI from 200 to 500 October '17)

Dillards $1000 July '17

Wal-Mart $5000 as of Nov '17 (SL $200 July '17)

FICO 08 02/6/17 TU 533 EQ 512 EX 522

18 REPLIES 18
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: App spree. Headed to garden for 2-3 years. I promise

Im speechless m8....

Message 2 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If you had to spreeSmiley Wink It looks like you picked up some fantastic cardsSmiley Happy Discover is amazing cl, proof pudding that they want to be your one Smiley Happy. Navy is a jewel, Amex is the crown, lots of good sp luv in the future. Only one im iffy on is the USAA one just because i understand the classic ones aren't growers. But itll help build your relationship with USAASmiley Happy.

Now, definitely come join us in the garden all of this year. We need a Roy in our club. We have a Ric, a Sleepless one, a Simply Noir, a K , a Sasha, a Fdr, a Miesterbro, an AJC, and a slew of great people . Come with us Roy21, we ALL FLOAT in the Garden ClubSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

But why you have to spreeeee?

Message 4 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats, that is certainly a list of cards you can stick with and grow.

For the AMEX Delta Blue, you note that is NPSL. This is a credit card, correct? Or did you go for one of the AMEX Chargers?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow,  One heck of a run there.  Congrats

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my understand it is a charge card. As they did not tell me a limit on it when approved. I will find out when I get it in the mail but I think most of their partner carda such as Hilton PRG etc. Are in fact charge cards. Also you can only apply for 1 revolver and 1 charger in a certain amount of days also. So this is a charge card going off of all of those facts. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is their newest charge card I believe. Which is why I chose it because theres no annual fee. As of yet! As well as 10,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in first 3 months. While several other cards offer a similar SUB, none of them do so without an annual fee. Which is why I went with Delta Blue. In case you're interested. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’ve had quite the day. Congrats.

Regarding your Delta Blue Skymiles, it is in fact a revolver and you’ll have a pre-set limit. There are data points to support two revolvers in the same day though that isn’t the norm. You’ve just provided another one.
Message 9 of 19
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Wow.... Congrats I guess, seems like a major app spree - good thing you didn't have any Comenity cards Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.