Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree after closing on home

tag
on_a_mission2
Established Member

App spree after closing on home

I closed on my first home on 11.12.13 and I decided I would go on a little app spree. Here are my results:

Amex BCE - Approved - 5k CL
Home Depot - Approved - 4k CL
GE Capital ( offered though the furniture store) - Approved -3k
Citi Thank You Preferred - denied (might try recon today though)

So I was a bit bummed (not too much) about the Citi denial and thought I had reached my limit with new cards, but I went for one more because I am hardheaded....lol

Chase Freedom - Approved - 4.5k CL!!!!

So in addition to the app spree, I also thought I would go for CLI's on a couple of my current cards:

Discover - went from 1k to 3k
Capital One -went from 1500 to 2500
2nd Capital One - went from 300 to 1300
Barclay's Apple Card - went from 4k to 7k ( this was an automatic CLI .... It felt like I had gotten a early Christmas gift!!!! ... No HP needed for this!)

I have worked hard to clean my credit up and to think that just 3 years ago, my score was a ridiculous 498....I decided to get serious about my credit and came across this site which gave me the tools needed to go to work on my credit!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. This experience has been life changing.

My Transunion is 676 (walmart)/ Experian is 675 ( Discover score tracker-FAKO) and I am not absolutely sure what my Equifax is, but will find out today and will update.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: App spree after closing on home

Congrats! Thanks for sharing now it's time to garden.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 17
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Yes!!!back to the garden I go!!!! I was in the garden before my mortgage journey and had been in there for a while. i kinda like it there lol.

My goal is to let these new cards mature for a while....Maybe attempt for a rewards card in Nov/Dec of 2014.
Message 3 of 17
Radio-man
Valued Member

Yes..  Congrats on the mortgage as well.  Funny thing... I did basically the same thing.  I was gardening for about a year positioning for the mortgage.  After closing on 11/15 I decided to add another card (turned to three) before the inevitable credit score dip when the new mortgage is reported. Great minds think alike.

see you in the gardenSmiley Happy

Hard life lessons learned - Success only occures when preperation meets opportunity.. and, Credit is never granted, it must be earned...

amx prg npsl | amx bcp $15k | boa v $13k | boa m $10k | chase club v $23k | citi m $8.4k | usbnk v $9.5k | gardening till 4/2014
Message 4 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

Wow!! That is an impressive spree.

Message 5 of 17
Apinzon2374
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the new home and a successful app spree!

Capital One Quicksilver | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire | AMEX Blue Cash Everyday
Scores: EX: 725 | TU:742
Message 6 of 17
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Oh wow!!!! Congrats on the closing and the new cards and cli!!
Lol at the " hardheaded " comment!!! Hahaha.... Take all those cli and new cards and garden Smiley Happy
Try for citi again in 6 mo or so and you'll probably get it! Keep or get util down Smiley Happy. Congrats again on the rebuild too!! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Thanks everyone!! This journey had taught me so much. Congrats radio-man on your new home and new cards as well! I hope your are enjoying homeownership as much as I am!

See you in the garden!
Message 8 of 17
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Ok.......I have to provide an update!!!!!

So it appears that when I applied for the Citi Thank You Preferred Card, I must have hit the submit button twice (which probably resulted in two HPs...hopefully not) because in the mail today was my card with a 8k limit, 0% financing for 12 months on balance transfers, and it's a signature Visa (uhmm ....still trying to educate myself on the difference, but hey, still loving it!)

So I am definitely digging a big hole in the garden and gonna hang there for at least 18 months....cuz what else do I need????!?!? Just time for them to mature.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Message 9 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@on_a_mission2 wrote:
Ok.......I have to provide an update!!!!!

So it appears that when I applied for the Citi Thank You Preferred Card, I must have hit the submit button twice (which probably resulted in two HPs...hopefully not) because in the mail today was my card with a 8k limit, 0% financing for 12 months on balance transfers, and it's a signature Visa (uhmm ....still trying to educate myself on the difference, but hey, still loving it!)

So I am definitely digging a big hole in the garden and gonna hang there for at least 18 months....cuz what else do I need????!?!? Just time for them to mature.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.