Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree after closing on home

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Re: App spree after closing on home

Nice work with the new CC's and CLI's. Congrats as well on the new home Smiley Happy

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 11 of 17
ecalmese
Regular Contributor

@on_a_mission2 wrote:
I closed on my first home on 11.12.13 and I decided I would go on a little app spree. Here are my results:

Amex BCE - Approved - 5k CL
Home Depot - Approved - 4k CL
GE Capital ( offered though the furniture store) - Approved -3k
Citi Thank You Preferred - denied (might try recon today though)

So I was a bit bummed (not too much) about the Citi denial and thought I had reached my limit with new cards, but I went for one more because I am hardheaded....lol

Chase Freedom - Approved - 4.5k CL!!!!

So in addition to the app spree, I also thought I would go for CLI's on a couple of my current cards:

Discover - went from 1k to 3k
Capital One -went from 1500 to 2500
2nd Capital One - went from 300 to 1300
Barclay's Apple Card - went from 4k to 7k ( this was an automatic CLI .... It felt like I had gotten a early Christmas gift!!!! ... No HP needed for this!)

I have worked hard to clean my credit up and to think that just 3 years ago, my score was a ridiculous 498....I decided to get serious about my credit and came across this site which gave me the tools needed to go to work on my credit!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. This experience has been life changing.

My Transunion is 676 (walmart)/ Experian is 675 ( Discover score tracker-FAKO) and I am not absolutely sure what my Equifax is, but will find out today and will update.

wow!!!

thats awesome! i will hopefully be in the same situation in about a month. i want to take the same strategy. looking at my current credit scores in my signature do you think i can get a similar outcome?
Started January 2013 in the lower 500s
Scores (as of January 2014) Equifax 630 | Experian 646 | Transunion 674
With the help of you all; I am working my way to the 700 club!
Message 12 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats OP on your successful spree Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@on_a_mission2 wrote:
I closed on my first home on 11.12.13 and I decided I would go on a little app spree. Here are my results:

Amex BCE - Approved - 5k CL
Home Depot - Approved - 4k CL
GE Capital ( offered though the furniture store) - Approved -3k
Citi Thank You Preferred - denied (might try recon today though)

So I was a bit bummed (not too much) about the Citi denial and thought I had reached my limit with new cards, but I went for one more because I am hardheaded....lol

Chase Freedom - Approved - 4.5k CL!!!!

So in addition to the app spree, I also thought I would go for CLI's on a couple of my current cards:

Discover - went from 1k to 3k
Capital One -went from 1500 to 2500
2nd Capital One - went from 300 to 1300
Barclay's Apple Card - went from 4k to 7k ( this was an automatic CLI .... It felt like I had gotten a early Christmas gift!!!! ... No HP needed for this!)

I have worked hard to clean my credit up and to think that just 3 years ago, my score was a ridiculous 498....I decided to get serious about my credit and came across this site which gave me the tools needed to go to work on my credit!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. This experience has been life changing.

My Transunion is 676 (walmart)/ Experian is 675 ( Discover score tracker-FAKO) and I am not absolutely sure what my Equifax is, but will find out today and will update.

Congrats Smiley Happy very nice app spree !!! Now to the garden you go Smiley LOL

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 14 of 17
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Smiley Happy  Thank you everyone!  I did go for one LAST credit card though.  Wells Fargo Rewards and got approved for $8,000 !!! 

For sure, for sure, I am back in the garden!

Message 15 of 17
on_a_mission2
Established Member

Ecalmese - One thing I have learned in these forums is that every situation is different.  I think that income and my utilization was a factor as well.  But you won't know unless you go for it!!! Just do not apply for ANYTHING until you have keys in hand!  The person that was to be next door neighbor purchased a car right before she closed, and well, let's just say, she did not close on the home and I have a different neighbor.  But I wish you the best of luck and please update us!

Message 16 of 17
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Nice app spree! What is your income a year if you don't mind me asking? 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.