Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree post closing craziness!

tag
Laredo
Contributor

Re: App spree post closing craziness!

Congratulations on your new home, new cards, and CLIs.  You have been busy.  Enjoy.

(Ch13 Discharged 07/22) Current Cards: American Express Gold: NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Everyday: $15,000 | American Express Delta SkyMiles Platinum: $1,700 | Navy Federal Credit Union Cash Rewards: $10,000 | Dover Federal Credit Union Cash Back: $10,000 | Penfed Cash Rewards: $7,500 | Truist Enjoy Cash: $5,500 | Truist Enjoy Travel: $5,500 | Truist Future: $3,500 | Bread American Express Cash Back $8,500 | Discover it $12,000 | USAA Rewards Amex $12,000 | Kohl’s $800 | Care Credit $7,000 | Lowes $3,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,500 | Jared $5,000
Total Revolving Credit: $108,500
Closed Rebuild Cards: Ollo Platinum: $3,900 | Ollo Rewards: $3,000 | Mercury $3,000 | Surge Card $1,000
Message 11 of 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the nice approvals!

Message 12 of 18
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all! I can't help but wonder if there is some kind of "stopping point"? I know some people here have 500k or even 1M in available credit. Scared to think about using that much credit Smiley Very Happy  

Message 13 of 18
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

@greatscott85 wrote:

Thanks all! I can't help but wonder if there is some kind of "stopping point"? I know some people here have 500k or even 1M in available credit. Scared to think about using that much credit Smiley Very Happy  

I'm sure the stopping point is different for most people.  It scares me too but on the other hand, I have always wanted to get to 500k + or higher someday, so I'm sure I'll keep going slowly as I get closer to it. I've got a ways to go to get there, as I'm only halfway there now... 😀

Message 14 of 18
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

@greatscott85 wrote:

I'm sure the stopping point is different for most people.  It scares me too but on the other hand, I have always wanted to get to 500k + or higher someday, so I'm sure I'll keep going slowly as I get closer to it. I've got a ways to go to get there, as I'm only halfway there now... 😀

250k is awesome! In the ideal world, I'd have 3-5 100k cards. Simple, with high limits. 5 or so cards are definitely on the chopping block for me. The Odyssey card from First Tech is a thought process. 

Message 15 of 18
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your new house, new cards,

and higher limits @greatscott85Smiley Very Happy

Outstanding credit work you've done there. 

You_Da_Man.jpg

We all have our "limits" (pun intended) Smiley Tongue  for how far we want to take our credit profile.  Sometimes, simple is better but simple is defined by everyone in their own way.  No hurry to slash anything you've built, because once it's closed, it's closed.  Mull it over, write it down, make some lists, and contemplate before you do anything else.  If three to five cards is your goal, I see some that would be easy to close but you might choose differently.    If you're really starting to question it all, it may be time to just stop and reflect. 

At any rate, enjoy the new home and new cards! 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 16 of 18
PapaTunde
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new cards and house

All Fico9 835+ or there abouts

These violent delights have violent ends
Message 17 of 18
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

@Aim_High Thank you! Your thorough thoughts never fall on deaf ears and I appreciate it. 

Admittedly, I took a little break to get the house done. I think there's still some golden nuggets out there to get. US Bank Altitude Reserve is a thought. Maybe fully invest in Chase "Trifecta" for a bit and see how that goes. 

I had to write a check the other day for some contractors and I was shocked Smiley Very Happy.

Thanks again!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.