Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree results

tag
ronarizona
Visitor

App spree results

Thank you to everyone who posts in these forums: your info is always helpful and encouraging.

I went on a bit of an app spree last week and here are the results (good, bad and ugly):

Chase Sapphire Reserve: Approved, $17,000

PenFed Platinum: Approved, $20,000 (but required sending tax returns, quickly approved after that)

Amex Hilton Surpass: Approved, $1,000 (rendering it basically useless since any Hilton stay of more than a few nights would take a deposit for more than that)

Citi Costco Business: Declined (Citi apparently doesn't like me - nothing shows up on the prequal site either)

Amex SPG Business: Declined (I called for reconsideration and they said it might require another hard pull, so I passed on that)

All three of my scores are in the 690 range. Now to the garden for a few months or longer.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
greent
Frequent Contributor

Re: App spree results

WoW, nice SLs. Congrats. 

Message 2 of 9
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

You had a really good day , Congrats Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 9
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 4 of 9
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations, especially on snatching CSR. Nice card!

Though... isn't it a bit dangerous to app for 5 cards in such a short time?  I am a little nervous that I have 7 inquiries on my Experian report all this year.

Message 5 of 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Lots of ppl choose to do app sprees and get everything all at once rather than an app here and there , it could help with AAOA , it's whatever works best for you . Congrats OP
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Absolution16 wrote:

Though... isn't it a bit dangerous to app for 5 cards in such a short time?  I am a little nervous that I have 7 inquiries on my Experian report all this year.

@Congrats to OP on the CSR, great card!  @Absolution16 - Spree's aren't for everyone and YMMV. I did a 12 card spree between May 3-10th. Approved for 10 of 12. Almost all cards have been used, bonuses met, and several have received CLI's since. I also PIF almost everything every month with about $7000 in usage between cards. each month. I would probably have had some Adverse Action if I had just charged small amounts or if I had run up the cards and carried balances.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Absolution16 wrote:

You have nothing to worry about unless you intend to finance a house or vehicle within two years from the date of the inquiries.  There are a handful of banks that are sensitive to inquiries (Citi and Barclays come to mind) and many more who consider the rest of your credit file to be much more telling.

Some people here blow inquiries out of proportion. 

Even if you do intend to take out a mortgage or an auto loan, you probably won't get denied for having a few inquiries.  Lucy might got some 'splainin' to do for those inquiries but I don't they'll ruin your chances. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.