Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree turned major score boost!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: APP SPREE turned MAJOR SCORE BOOST

@soamazin55 wrote:

I actually never even heard of them til you just mentioned it. Did a quick search, they aren't in NY. Closest one to me is about 75 miles away. Thanks for the sugesstion though!

Oh wow.......I thought they were all over the place. You could utilize online shopping with it tho.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 18
soamazin55
Valued Member

@LS2982 wrote:

@soamazin55 wrote:

I actually never even heard of them til you just mentioned it. Did a quick search, they aren't in NY. Closest one to me is about 75 miles away. Thanks for the sugesstion though!

Oh wow.......I thought they were all over the place. You could utilize online shopping with it tho.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks.

Message 12 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Idk if you've considered this, but you may be able to supply updated credit reports to many of the creditors that approved you-since they likely didn't give you the best of terms. I think you must furnish it within 60 days? Esp if your score increased that much!
You'd prob have to go through a lot of work lol but it might be worth it to get a better apr/limit on your Amex ;-)
Congrats btw!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 18
Simply827
Established Contributor

Congrats on all the approvals.

You should know that the FICO pulled from this site is TU98, while the one Walmart gives is an updated model TU08. Even though they are both FICO scores, there will be differences between them.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 14 of 18
soamazin55
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Idk if you've considered this, but you may be able to supply updated credit reports to many of the creditors that approved you-since they likely didn't give you the best of terms. I think you must furnish it within 60 days? Esp if your score increased that much!
You'd prob have to go through a lot of work lol but it might be worth it to get a better apr/limit on your Amex ;-)
Congrats btw!

No, I haven't considered that. If it's possible, I'm certainly going to try. Here's the thing...I mentioned having a paid collection as well showing on EX only (which took 4 hits during my app spree)....that opened on 03/01/08. Now, considering that falls off after 5 years as well, it should be gone in two weeks, leaving my report baddie-free. That would probably be the ideal time to re-submit credit reports. But seeing as you said I may have 60 days, it'd be cutting it close, as most of my apps were done on 01/13. Definitely will look into it. Thanks!

Message 15 of 18
soamazin55
Valued Member

@Simply827 wrote:

Congrats on all the approvals.

You should know that the FICO pulled from this site is TU98, while the one Walmart gives is an updated model TU08. Even though they are both FICO scores, there will be differences between them.

Yes, I learned this after the fact, which is why I was as baffled as I was when I saw the TU08 score....thought it was like a 70 point discrepancy. Lol

Message 16 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

First off Walmart Fico is 08 version and not 04 which most lenders use, it reflects a higher score on average

second FCRA of NY state the only state that offers this, paid collections is deleted in 5 years not 7. =) you just lucked out your living there Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 17 of 18
soamazin55
Valued Member

Tell me about it! Just called Experian..asked about a removal of a charge off (5 year mark)...she thought I was talking about the CA that resulted from it rather the OC charge off itself...informed me that she was processing its removal! Smiley Happy Granted it was supposed to come off in March...I'll still take the early 10 days. Also removed the OC charge off that charged off in Nov 2006 so that was long over due...I had no idea about NY's FCRA. All my CC were received when that should of been off...but it is what it is I guess. Live and learn.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.