Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree *warning very long post*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App spree *warning very long post*

Update

NFCU denied me for navcheck. They don't see to like me for that loan product. I'll try next year when I'm cleaner lol

Called Amex and found out they never pulled. I'm blacklisted 😩 Ouch.
Message 11 of 20
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

very inspiring story and great work on the improvements. Congrats!

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 12 of 20
Chickenpotpie
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!  I agree that now you want to just give it a rest and let your credit mature.  I wouldn't close anything right away, just stick in a sock drawer and don't use it for 6 months.

When I first came here my scores were seriously bad (500s!)  I had a bankrupcy, a credit file that merged with mine that I had to untangle and all sorts of craziness.  I don't post much but boy do I study the boards!  they are invaluable IMO.

Learned a lot here...Cleaned up my credit, bought a car, bought a house...now scores are in the 760's. 

It can be done but it does take time.

Your next step should be to remove as many baddies from your reports as you can.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you OP for replying, I have read tons of threads on this matter , I am just not for sure if I am supposed to dispute them or wait it out but knowing me I'll be way to impatient to wait for them to do it lol the 9 mths is already long enough .

So when you say the negative is still there but not from the past two years are you meaning they took away all negative that was associated with your default ? Also when you disputed what did you say on the dispute ? Thanks for your help!
Message 14 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the last few months I've decided to start working on my credit. I recently completed rehab on my federal loans, paid off my 4 credit card balances to zero except my navy cc that I let report a $2 balance. I also paid off a collection account with IC Systems last week. I'm waiting for that to be removed from my reports but I don't think it will make a huge difference in my score. Three months ago when I checked my reports, my score ranged between 570-590. Now my scores are 620-660. I still have a lot of work to do to clean them. I have a prior chapter 7 in late 2012 and I'm plagued by a private student loan that is delinquent. I've made a lot of mistakes when I first started at 18. These are the cards I currently have.

2 cap one $850 limits but closed the Sony visa today. Cfna $1200 & Nfcu $1600

The first card I applied for was Barclays reward: approved for $1500. Then I tried with Usaa and was declined Smiley Sad Next was Discover it. I had to send some verification info and was approved for $1500! I never had discover so I'm very happy. I applied for an increase with NFCU and was instantly increase to 10k!!!!! I was shocked! I tried for the nav check also and its pending review. I went over to DCU website and applied for a cc and got approved for 5k pending income verification and opening the membership. DCU is also asking for ID, social security card and utility bill. Seems like a lot to do but I'll send it since I heard so many good things. I burned chase, Amex, citi, bofa in my bk so I decided, what the hell and went for it.

Citi instant denial
Amex gold charge card sent me an email to check the status, but it doesn't seem to find my app. Maybe I put the wrong info on the app when I applied. I'll have to call.
Chase freedom gave me a 30 day we'll get back to you. Lol
Bofa americard countered with a $500 cc and $39 annual fee but not secured. I'm very happy to be back in with bofa even though it's a small limit. Hopefully it will grow.

Very excited about the progress I've made over the last few months and now back to the garden I go for at least a year while I work on my credit.
I plan on settling with the private student loan in January since they'll be sending me a 1099c for such a large amount. That way I have time to build my savings again in and to pay the taxes when I file in 2018.

I'm considering closing my last cap 1 and Cfna, what do y'all think? Any suggestion and feedback is appreciated Smiley Happy

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 I definitely can relate, I'm impatient also and disputed it as soon as i knew the loans were picked up by Navient, which took about 3 weeks. I just compared my reports before and after the rehab dispute and I realized I made a mistake explaining what happen. Here goes... Originally my loans started with Sallie Mae and were all closed/transfered to navient in 2014. My tradelines for navient had negative info such as 120 day lates and were in collections. When I completed rehab on those accounts with performant corp, navient picked them back up. So the dispute did clear up ALL negative information with navient. In the dispute options I choose please verify all information on the account and under comments I stated that I completed rehab.

Now if I can only get all the old Sallie Mae accounts to go away! 😩

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Congrats on your approvals

2) I agree with others...
a) No need to close anything, who cares IF you use it or not?
You app'd for it, you got approved, so now let it mature and thicken your profile.
b) And there should be ZERO applications till at least X-mas 2017

You burned a lot of apps, but you opened plenty of accounts and 18 billing cycles at least gives them some time to mature and age w/O new apps and the seeking of additional credit= less risk
Message 18 of 20
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to explain all that to me , so like with my student loans , I only have one and it was serviced by Great Lakes which was a reconsolidation from my orginal loan holder in 2001 Ed Financial, anyway the only Tradelines that show up on my reports are one that has perfect history of repayment from the reconsolidating, then the Great Lakes which started to go into default in 2014 , it showes 9 lates or 120+ days that one eventually closed and transfered to Collections agencies, and I have a tradeline for the Collections which has about 2 years worth of bad stuff on it. So hopefully once I'm done with everything I will be able to get all of the lates and bad stuff removed , prior to the default happening , I hadn't been late , so all of my lates and negative stuff is from when it all started to go toward default when my Mom passed away. Maybe there is a way to goodwill the other late payments that you are talking about ? Have you tried that yet ?
Message 19 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.