Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree.....

tag
CreditTara16
Established Member

App spree.....

Hello All,

I have been lurking for  a while and this is my first post….. Thank you ALL for the invaluable information I have learned/ still learning.  

A little background:

Was laid off, maxed out cards, was only able to make minimum payments… Scores stayed around 622 – 630 for quite a while. Fast forward to a new job and paid down all cc debt in 3 months (UTIL 1%)…. Current scores: EX: 753 EQ: 716 TU: 699  

Other details:
AAoA 6 years
1% UTIL
Some 30 day lates on car loan I co-signed for back in 2011 on EX, EQ & TU

(2 CA baddies on TU)

Also, I am in Northern California

Decided to go on my first spree and here are the results:

AMEX: App’ed for the BCE & ED Card. Was approved for $10,000 on the BCE, When I app’d for the ED cars I received the “Further review email” and immediately called the backdoor #... Rep told me that it was not a decline and that it will be processed in 5 days. Today is the 5th day and I was approved for $1,000. Still not sure if it was a 2nd HP.

Other approvals:

Bank of America Cash Rewards - $2,000 – Pulled EX
Received further review email. Called backdoor number and they needed to verify some information. Approved over the phone. Kind of stingy with the CL.

Amazon Store Card - $1,300 – Pulled TU
The last maxed out card that I paid down to 0 had not reported zero on TU yet. Possible reason for low CL.

Discover IT- $5500 – Pulled EX (What?! I was sure that they would pull TU)
Required that I upload License and SSC. I uploaded the documents and called the backdoor number the next morning. Verified some info, looked at uploaded documents then approved me.

Palteco Payback Rewards  (Local credit union) - Requested/Approved $3000 – Pulled EX
Received further review email. Received approval email in 2 days. 

Chase Freedom: Received further review email. Called backdoor number and credit analyst said that I had a CO in the system. Say what?!!! Smiley Surprised I told her that I was not aware of it. She said she would recommend approval but needed another sign off and that I would know within 2 weeks if I was approved. (Ummm, okay) Called the application status line and it stated that I will be notified in writing within 30 days. (Read a lot of posts that say if the automated lady says 2 week or 30 days it might be an approval and 7-10 days is a no go! Keeping my fingers crossed!) Will update!

Goodbye Capital One cards!!!  Back to the garden for me… Maybe indefinitely…

Thanks again 

2 REPLIES 2
iwant700fico
Frequent Contributor

Re: App spree.....

@CreditTara16 wrote:

Hello All,

I have been lurking for  a while and this is my first post….. Thank you ALL for the invaluable information I have learned/ still learning.  

A little background:

Was laid off, maxed out cards, was only able to make minimum payments… Scores stayed around 622 – 630 for quite a while. Fast forward to a new job and paid down all cc debt in 3 months (UTIL 1%)…. Current scores: EX: 753 EQ: 716 TU: 699  

Other details:
AAoA 6 years
1% UTIL
Some 30 day lates on car loan I co-signed for back in 2011 on EX, EQ & TU

(2 CA baddies on TU)

Also, I am in Northern California

Decided to go on my first spree and here are the results:

AMEX: App’ed for the BCE & ED Card. Was approved for $10,000 on the BCE, When I app’d for the ED cars I received the “Further review email” and immediately called the backdoor #... Rep told me that it was not a decline and that it will be processed in 5 days. Today is the 5th day and I was approved for $1,000. Still not sure if it was a 2nd HP.

Other approvals:

Bank of America Cash Rewards - $2,000 – Pulled EX
Received further review email. Called backdoor number and they needed to verify some information. Approved over the phone. Kind of stingy with the CL.

Amazon Store Card - $1,300 – Pulled TU
The last maxed out card that I paid down to 0 had not reported zero on TU yet. Possible reason for low CL.

Discover IT- $5500 – Pulled EX (What?! I was sure that they would pull TU)
Required that I upload License and SSC. I uploaded the documents and called the backdoor number the next morning. Verified some info, looked at uploaded documents then approved me.

Palteco Payback Rewards  (Local credit union) - Requested/Approved $3000 – Pulled EX
Received further review email. Received approval email in 2 days. 

Chase Freedom: Received further review email. Called backdoor number and credit analyst said that I had a CO in the system. Say what?!!! Smiley Surprised I told her that I was not aware of it. She said she would recommend approval but needed another sign off and that I would know within 2 weeks if I was approved. (Ummm, okay) Called the application status line and it stated that I will be notified in writing within 30 days. (Read a lot of posts that say if the automated lady says 2 week or 30 days it might be an approval and 7-10 days is a no go! Keeping my fingers crossed!) Will update!

Goodbye Capital One cards!!!  Back to the garden for me… Maybe indefinitely…

Thanks again 

Congrats and good luck on your new job.

EQ 786 2/2018
TU 792 8/2018
EX 776 2/2018 Chase CSR $28.5k
Barclay Advantage $17.5 k
Amex BCE $29k
CITI Advantage $24.2k
Amex HILTON $13k
Total Rewards visa $20K
Chase INK $11k
Chase Sapphire Reserve $28.5k
BOA 8k
Discover IT 8K
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App spree.....

Keep Capital One around for a while.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.