Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently hit my ceiling with Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently hit my ceiling with Chase

Woke up yesterday with the app itch and decided to fill my 5/24 slot with the Freedom. Figured with the uncertainty of what will eventually happen with the card, and no real need for the Flex or a MC, I'd finish my trifecta while it made sense to me. Plus the 15 month 0% may come in handy at some point, something I have seen zero mention of with regards to the CFF.

Double pull, EX and TU (thanks NY🤮)

At time of app:

F8: EX 786; TU 793

EX: 0/12, 2/24

TU: 1/12, 2/24

Income: $102k

Util: less than 1%

Got the 7-10 day message.....hmmmm.

Giving them a call confirmed my suspicion that I was at my current overall limit with them at $22.7k. Not sure if its covid related or not, but have seen the numerous preapprovals in my account slowly disappear over the past 6 months or so. Nothing on my end has changed and just figured Chase was tightening up.

After verbally confirming only employment and income (which almost didn't make sense as they weren't extending me any more credit than I already had) I had absolutely no issues moving $7k off my CSP to fund the CF.

They were kind enough to also hit me with pretty much their highest rate after the 0% intro. 🤨  Not that it's going to matter.

(Edit to fix TU score from 775 to 793 per Chase letter)

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Apparently hit my ceiling with Chase

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on getting the approval, you are the second who has had to move limit to open in the last 24 hrs.

Message 3 of 15
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

I'm a little surprised at the CL ceiling they have you at (since my stats are similar to the ones you listed), but obviously each person rates differently. I opened my Freedom first at $9k, then the CSP at $15.2k. I then shifted around the CLs. Cut to almost 2 years later and I just applied for the CFU this past July and got $19.8k, so I now have $44k across my cards. I'm considering opening a Marriott or Hyatt card at some point next year and I'm now wondering if a 4th card will trigger a shift of some of my credit.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on getting the approval, you are the second who has had to move limit to open in the last 24 hrs.

Thanks! Wonder if its the beginning of a new trend, approvals without extending additional credit. The CSR literally said "We want to approve you but we don't want to put any more money out there at this time". I know its an option they've always had, but wonder if its going to become more common.

I can see that happening in instances where someone has unused credit available to move. In my case I believe the highest I had at once on the CSP was about $3500 and that was PIF before statement.

Message 5 of 15
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Coingratulations on your Chase Freedom approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TSlop wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

I'm a little surprised at the CL ceiling they have you at (since my stats are similar to the ones you listed), but obviously each person rates differently. I opened my Freedom first at $9k, then the CSP at $15.2k. I then shifted around the CLs. Cut to almost 2 years later and I just applied for the CFU this past July and got $19.8k, so I now have $44k across my cards. I'm considering opening a Marriott or Hyatt card at some point next year and I'm now wondering if a 4th card will trigger a shift of some of my credit.

The exact wording regarding the reallocation on the letter I just received is:

"You have too many active accounts or too much available credit"

Just the $22.7k with Chase and $88.7k overall. Everything else is in my sig. No negs and no lates ever. Even have checking with Chase.

Oh, and the letter revealed it's just a Platinum version and not Signature, despite being over $5k. Oh, well....🤷‍♂️

Message 7 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your CF Approval..

Message 8 of 15
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  Bummed that had to move some CL over and that rate will be high at the end of their promo. 

In my experience with Chase, I've had double pulls too.  Part of the reason it took me so long to app for the CSR and since it'll be quite a while until I'm under 5/24...I'm just going to keep rollin along with them.  I think I read their CLI's are HP as well.  

Message 9 of 15
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CF approval!

|  
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.