Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card, Amex, Penfed and Wells Fargo CLIs

Very nice congrats!

Message 11 of 19
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your approvals...especially that PenFed CLI!!!  I'd say it was worth the HP

Message 12 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nicely done!

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please answer on these questions-

(1) How long did you have your Penfed account opened before you asked for a CLI? I think you said that it was opened in 2019 but could you be specific, plz?

(2) Was it your first CLI request or you did request before as well?

(3) You also stated that you have a checking and saving accounts with Penfed, but were those accounts have had activities when CLI request was approved or you just have had those accounts but did not use them at all or no activity were done?

(4) Can you please show where and how we can request for a CLI?

I have Rewards credit card with them with $20k only for 3 months..I did heavily use it to get SUB ($100 on spending $1500 in 3 months). I just got my statement balance credit of $100...do you think I should wait 3 more wait ...total of 6 months...before asking for CLI? Also, should I open checking account too with them? As of now I have only saving account with them with only $5 and no activity...Should I show some activities on Saving and Checking accounts as well to increase my chances to have CLI?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you please answer on these questions-

(1) How long did you have your Penfed account opened before you asked for a CLI? I think you said that it was opened in 2019 but could you be specific, plz?

(2) Was it your first CLI request or you did request before as well?

(3) You also stated that you have a checking and saving accounts with Penfed, but were those accounts have had activities when CLI request was approved or you just have had those accounts but did not use them at all or no activity were done?

(4) Can you please show where and how we can request for a CLI?

I have Rewards credit card with them with $20k only for 3 months..I did heavily use it to get SUB ($100 on spending $1500 in 3 months). I just got my statement balance credit of $100...do you think I should wait 3 more wait ...total of 6 months...before asking for CLI? Also, should I open checking account too with them? As of now I have only saving account with them with only $5 and no activity...Should I show some activities on Saving and Checking accounts as well to increase my chances to have CLI?

@Anonymous 

1.) I opened a checking and savings bank accounts with Penfed Sept 2019. I saw a preapproval for all 3 cards in April 2020 for 5k and I chose Penfed Power Cash Rewards. I asked in November 2020 for an increase and they gave me 20k  and it was hard pull on Equifax.

2.) Yes it was my first time asking them for a credit line increase

3.) Yes all those accounts have activity going on with them. I push money from my other banks to them.

4.) You have to call and ask for CLI unless you see under offers for a preapproval for credit cards.

I am still new to Penfed so I dont know if me putting money in my checking and savings caused my credit line increase. I dont have them as direct deposit. I push money from other accounts. I pay in full on my credit card.  I always only ask for credit limit increases on all my new cards no matter who the lender is after 6 months. Thats my own golden rule. It always worked except with Apple. Capital one gave me 100 and now later on...nothing.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. I also always pay in full..but I have only saving account with them other than Rewards credit card...So I was thinking to open a checking account with them as well and would show some actions for 6 months or so before requesting CLI...However, no offer is showing up on my account as of now...Could it because its been only 3 months since I got this credit card....

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous at 6 months I didn't have an offer either. The preapproval offer came less than a month after I did a hard pull and asked for a credit limit increase.

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, we need to ask for a credit line increase first and which is over the phone, am I right? 

Message 18 of 19
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Congrats...

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.