Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approval $20K

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Apple Card Approval $20K

With all of the buzz, I decided to pull the trigger. Approved at 17.99% (meh)....but hey, as a technologist, I have a CC to match. Smiley Happy

Borrowed my best friends iPhone to get the deed done...then went back to using my droid.  LOL

Apple CC.jpeg

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval $20K

Monster SL! Love it!

Congrats on the $20K!

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 2 of 22
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Approval! There doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason behind SLs and APrs on this one yet. I’ve seen entry level SLs bank a 12.99 and some much larger SLs getting 23.99

Normally higher limit = lower APR (and I say so loosely), but Goldman marches to their own drum lol

If you’re a PIF kinda person then the APR is just noise
Message 3 of 22
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Absolutely a PIF guy....I don't like paying money to spend money.... Smiley Happy)

Message 4 of 22
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@RickNATL wrote:

With all of the buzz, I decided to pull the trigger. Approved at 17.99% (meh)....but hey, as a technologist, I have a CC to match. Smiley Happy

Borrowed my best friends iPhone to get the deed done...then went back to using my droid.  LOL

Apple CC.jpeg

Congrats. but you used your friends iphone, so isn't that his account then? A little confused here lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! That's a nice SL!

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don’t have an iPhone or iPad to attach the card to, they’re going to close it. 

Congrats on the approval though. 

Message 7 of 22
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you don’t have an iPhone or iPad to attach the card to, they’re going to close it. 

I don't believe this Is exactly true.

It is my understanding that as long as you order the physical card and activate it you can then make payments by calling in.

You lose the ability to use Apple Wallet to monitor purchases, pay, etc but they do not cancel your card.

What if you switch to Android?

If you decide that it's time to jump ship to an Android phone, you can still use the physical version of your Apple Card and continue to pay toward your balance -- but you'll need to call in your payments to 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800–692–7753). Without an iPhone, all of the benefits and streamlined interactions that make the Apple Card unique all but disappear. 

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaxstraw wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is my understanding that as long as you order the physical card and activate it you can then make payments by calling in.

You lose the ability to use Apple Wallet to monitor purchases, pay, etc but they do not cancel your card.

If you decide that it's time to jump ship to an Android phone, you can still use the physical version of your Apple Card and continue to pay toward your balance -- but you'll need to call in your payments to 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800–692–7753). Without an iPhone, all of the benefits and streamlined interactions that make the Apple Card unique all but disappear. 

Interesting, that’s quite opposite to what they were saying about it previously. That’s cool then, I guess it’s not as strong of a retention tool for iOS after all. 

ETA: I cannot find that info outside of CNET and when it was being talked about, word was that after a period of time not being in an iDevice Wallet, it would be closed. Proceed with caution for now. 

Message 9 of 22
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaxstraw wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting, that’s quite opposite to what they were saying about it previously. That’s cool then, I guess it’s not as strong of a retention tool for iOS after all. 

Just to be clear I found that under a review made a week ago on CNET.

Not the official Apple site.

It wouldn't surprise me that Apple isn't saying this, or being forthcoming, about this aspect.

But it does make sense they would have to have some alternative in case you decided to switch carriers later and had the card.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.