Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approval 40k limit at 12.99 APR

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval 40k limit at 12.99 APR

@Anonymous wrote:

I got Apple Card Approval 40k limit at 12.99 APR...

TU 836 income in 6 figures.Total credit  is over $500k, high limit of another card is $59k with 0% utilization. This is probably the highest or max you can get or close to it?

A W E S O M E !! 

Congratulations on a great

approval and Starting Limit!

waytogo.jpg

Would definitely like to hear a few more data points.  There have been a handful of $25K, $30K, and a couple of other $40K approvals but seems little logic as to what makes a difference.  There's a lot of $20K approvals lately also, even for others with high scores (800+) and six-figure incomes.  Just trying to identify a pattern here since it makes no sense to me.

Like you, I have high FICO (GS showed 850 TU Score 9).

Like you, I have six-figure income (>$350K)

Like you, I have low utilization.  (1% PIF)

Like you, I had high total limits ($375K) although not quite as high as yours

Like you, I had a high credit line ($50K) although not quite as high as yours

I even had large investment in GS Marcus Money Market account.

Like you, I got the lowest 12.99% APR.

Yet I got approved for the $20K instead of higher. 

Only negatives I know were five new cards in past 16 months and I had never used Apple Mobile Wallet, if that was a tiebreaker. 

While I'm glad to have a $20K limit, I can't imagine what else they are looking at that makes such a huge difference. 

I've also seen surprise from people in the 700's scores with how little they were approved for compared to other credit lines.

Their underwriting seems a little different from other lenders but it seems there is no real pattern yet from the DPs.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 31 of 68
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

I agree... that's why I have yet to accept the offer. Two months ago, I received a Lowe's $25k and CareCredit $20k card. They both pulled my TU so I think I may wait a couple months and see if my TU FICO 9 score increases. Hopefully with my accounts aging and the new accounts not being so new, that will make the difference. 🤔

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 32 of 68
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and awesome SL!!!

Message 33 of 68
CodeRED1

Some additional data points on me

I dont know my current Fico 9 but my TU Fico 8 is 850... I would guess the F9 score would likely track well if my F8 is high. I didnt see what GS used as a score - tell me where to find it and I'll update my post.

Income >450k

Total limits 560k before apple

Highest single limit $100k on Amex, Lowest 5k BMW Visa

20 Active card accounts / 1 CLOC / 1 HELOC 

3 accounts under two years (5/24 tracking)

Length of history is 30 years +, AVG across all open cards is only about 5 years

I PIF every month but closing statements would make my utilization 4%

I also have mortgages on 2 homes

[edit] Inqueries last 12 months: 3 - Ex | 1 - Eq | 0 - Tu

Message 34 of 68
vpae
Established Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got Apple Card Approval 40k limit at 12.99 APR...

TU 836 income in 6 figures.Total credit  is over $500k, high limit of another card is $59k with 0% utilization. This is probably the highest or max you can get or close to it?

A W E S O M E !! 

Congratulations on a great

approval and Starting Limit!

waytogo.jpg

Would definitely like to hear a few more data points.  There have been a handful of $25K, $30K, and a couple of other $40K approvals but seems little logic as to what makes a difference.  There's a lot of $20K approvals lately also, even for others with high scores (800+) and six-figure incomes.  Just trying to identify a pattern here since it makes no sense to me.

Like you, I have high FICO (GS showed 850 TU Score 9).

Like you, I have six-figure income (>$350K)

Like you, I have low utilization.  (1% PIF)

Like you, I had high total limits ($375K) although not quite as high as yours

Like you, I had a high credit line ($50K) although not quite as high as yours

I even had large investment in GS Marcus Money Market account.

Like you, I got the lowest 12.99% APR.

Yet I got approved for the $20K instead of higher. 

Only negatives I know were five new cards in past 16 months and I had never used Apple Mobile Wallet, if that was a tiebreaker. 

While I'm glad to have a $20K limit, I can't imagine what else they are looking at that makes such a huge difference. 

I've also seen surprise from people in the 700's scores with how little they were approved for compared to other credit lines.

Their underwriting seems a little different from other lenders but it seems there is no real pattern yet from the DPs.

I'm very curious too as I was fairly surprised by my $40K SL. I posted my DP for the same SL here. As far as Apple Mobile Wallet, I had 12 cards in it prior to applying but actual usage was very low. My stats are similar to yours. Single CL is not as high. I had 8 new CC in the last 18 months.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 35 of 68
swpopham
Established Contributor

Tied ya, we accepted also.

IMG_4251.JPG

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 36 of 68
vpae
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

This must be a top SL/APR for the Apple Card. Congrats!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 37 of 68
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

This must be a top SL/APR for the Apple Card. Congrats!

Congratulations, as well, on your awesome approval!!!  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 38 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 100k limit with 12.99Apr
Message 39 of 68
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got 100k limit with 12.99Apr

@Anonymous if you're serious I'm sure plenty of folks would love to see a screen shot of that, along with your other data points. Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.