Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card Approval with BK7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card Approval with BK7

So excited to finally get to post this!

Every 30 days I app for the Apple Card knowing I am not going to get approved since my BK7 discharge is less than 3 years old, but today was the day! This time, instead of getting the denial right away, it said it was under review. Figured that was still a no, but 5 minutes later I got the alert on my phone that I was approved!

Approved SL $500 (2nd lowest of my CL's behind my measly $300 with C1 Plat)

Fako Credit Karma score for TU is 633 (this is why I am even more surprised honestly considering this score is usually higher than FICO) EX FICO is showing 654

Credit utilization is showing 48% this month but it's actually lower as I don't carry balances on any of my cards except $1000 on one card. I didn't get my payoffs this month before my statements hit. Typically under 20%

BK7 Discharge was February 2019 (2 years 3 months!)

My husband also has the Apple Card so we are excited about combining them when they launch Family Sharing with his higher limit to use as a partial daily driver. Unfortunatly it won't be our only daily driver as my husband doesn't have an iPhone and many of the places we shop at don't take Apple Pay. But between the Quicksilver and this, I am excited to finally have a 2% card to compliment the QS. Also that fancy titanium card!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approval with BK7

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 18
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!  

Message 3 of 18
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple Card approval! Use the card and you won't be at that $500 SL for long. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Apple card!!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Apple Card approval 🎉 

Message 6 of 18
Golf-and-Credit
Regular Contributor

Nice job! Congrats on the Apple Card approval!!

Experian FICO 8: 826/2 inq’s 1/12, 3/24
Equifax FICO 8: 820/3 inq’s 1/12, 3/24
Transunion FICO 8: 821/2 inq’s 0/12, 2/24

AMEX Platinum: NPSL
AMEX Gold: NPSL
AMEX Everyday Preferred: $22,500
Capital One Quicksilver: $5750
Numerica Credit Union Platinum: $2000
Military Star: $8300
1% utilization
Message 7 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple approval!

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and enjoy your new Apple card. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Fantastic! I hope you enjoy that new card and let it grow. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.